UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My cigarette lighter stopped working a few days back so I went to replace the fuse which was blown all right, BUT it still does not work. Can't think what else to do to get it going. Tried to pull the lighter unit out of its plastic holding to see if a wire had come loose or broken but it seems to need a mighty tug which I'm not too keen on doing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
you need to take the console off to remove the power socket, its easy to do. the Dacia power socket is only 10amps - my old Volvo was 20 so you need to be aware of what load you put on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about very late reply to this topic but I just never got the time to take another look at my fuse problem till last weekend AND stupid me all it needed was to look at the replacement fuse I put in as it was a dud as well! So I just tried another fuse and that was it sorted. So the moral to this tale is not to trust everything that comes out of brand new packaging is going to be 100% working everytime!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sorry about very late reply to this topic but I just never got the time to take another look at my fuse problem till last weekend AND stupid me all it needed was to look at the replacement fuse I put in as it was a dud as well! So I just tried another fuse and that was it sorted. So the moral to this tale is not to trust everything that comes out of brand new packaging is going to be 100% working everytime!
Hopefully this is it solved - but are you 100% certain it wasn't a good fuse, and that it blew a second time? That would imply a fault elsewhere in the circuit, which should be investigated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts