UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi everybody.

I have only just joined this great forum after watching for a while and after popping in to my local Dacia dealership and being very impressed with the Sandero and Stepway, I will one day eventually buy one!!

As strange as it may seem, I really do like the way the Sandero Access looks with its white paint and black bumpers along with the outstanding price tag and £69.00 per month finance deal!

My questions to you Access owners are :

How do you find the 1.2 engine? Is it nippy enough around town and on the motorway? (Not that I use a motorway very often at all!)

Do miss not having electric windows and remote central locking?

Obviously a radio/CD player bought for it would be a must!!

Have you found the boot big enough to place a pushchair/buggy in?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Clarkie

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Us older blokes lived without these for years' they are nice to have but you can live without them- what you can't live without is safety equipment and Dacia to their credit have made the access the exact same as a !0000+ model when it comes to keeping you alive

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh Dougal1957 - ive just noticed you have a 1.2 Sandero. What are your comments on the engine? Did you try a 0.9tce as well?

Thanks again

Clarkie

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've done over 4,000 miles in my 1.2. & overall I've been very impressed with it. While its the budget engine in the range it works very well, is surprisingly capable on motorways & dual carriageways, delivers decent fuel consumption (circa 40MPG - 45MPG typically depending on the type of driving - that's without attempting to maximise economy either) & hasn't missed a beat.

The running in period is pretty crucial though, when the manual says it takes circa 1,800 miles for full performance to be achieved - they aren't joking. It was absolutely gutless at first, however improved steadily with more driving and now it revs willingly & pulls well. Even fully run in, its not exactly quick & a degree of planning is needed for overtaking - however it gives adequate performance & is reasonably refined at cruising speeds. 70MPH is approx. 3,500 RPM which is reasonably quiet, it does get a bit loud at above 4,500 RPM but you don't really need to push it that hard.

Provided you're not in too much of a rush its a good engine & its got a well proven reputation for reliability as its been in used in various Renault models for over 10 years.

The O.9 TCE is faster & a bit quieter (did my test drive in one of these) - but the 1.2 is more than adequate & I'd struggle to justify the extra expense myself.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
382 Posts
About the access.... It doesn't come with speakers either so whilst a plug and play stereo would be easy enough to fit (with correct iso lead) you would have to remove the door cards to fit the speakers (and I think I saw a thread where the person said they were none standard size so he had to had to make adapters) so that problem and no central locking over remote central locking sold the ambiance to me..... (black bumpers and electric windows helped the decision but it was the first two that convinced me)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts