UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone else had trouble sourcing a replacement drive shaft for a 1.2 Sandero Ambience.

1.Mechanic recommend replacement.
2 Contacted Euro carparts gave them the reg and told them front left driveshaft. however part came didn't fit was 4 inches too long. the product code was hand written so the assumed a mistake and ordered a 2nd replacement. i came and was same 4 inches too long,
3. went to ebay different source and again part came was to long.

1st part number i got was 391019117R

searched ebay found part in Spain that i cannot get from same car but on pic part number is : 391011434R

can anyone shed light on this issue and help me find correct part i have measurements taken from original.
TIA

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,257 Posts
What year is your car? Mine is one of the first and had a quoted top speed of 97 mph. On later cars that was revised to just over 100 which suggests different ratios so may be a different gearbox. My gear box is supposedly JH3/077.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,257 Posts
Did they have anything to say about the difference in length. I looked at clio driveshafts for the 1,2 and though some are shorter ~630 mm they are not as short as yours.

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
78 Posts
you could have that shaft rebuilt , there are lots of companies out there that will do it.
Ive worked on Citroens for years and I avoid Europarts like the plague their spares are crap compared to other parts outlets, one week I went through 5 alternators until I found one to work properly , their batteries dont seem to last much more than a year and if you order something to collect in a weeks time they keep it two days and return it because you didnt show up 48 hours after delivery to collect it. They are a complete waste of time. I to have had driveshafts for Citroens that are to long and stick out beyond the front disks. they dont seem to have any knowledge of specific part numbers and just order anything rather than provide good customer service, with them it is quantity not quality, better off going to Wilco car mart , GSF. or Online shop for car parts - buy cheap spare parts online 24/7 (motor-doctor.co.uk) better still look for someone to rebuild that driveshaft for you. you could even try chancing your arm on a used shaft from a breakers via mail order try searching for A5 Car spares. personally Id try the rebuild option first. constant velocity joints are not hard to refurbish if you have the right tools and you will get a nice shiney new shaft back with new cv joints and boots to.Steering Rack - CV Joint Car Part - Driveshaft UK

·
Registered
84 Posts
£380 of main dealer lol and that's even if it correct. gonna have to order and see
That's pretty steep markup TBH...
Dacia should be able to provide you the exact OEM part number used from the car's VIN record.
You can then cross-reference that to GKN or similar quality rebuilder and you should get an exact match at 1/3rd to 1/2 the price in a day or so from stock.
These are normally exchange items as they rebuild your original, so there will be a deposit pending return. The second option is to have your own shaft rebuilt.

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
78 Posts
are you suggesting damage was caused by wheel spinning lol?
this model has traction control!
yes we have traction control in our 2013 sandero but it is still possible from a standing start to wheelspin our sandero, because of the amount of high torque at lower speeds with the diesel engine we have experienced some slippage in wet weather often before the traction control actually kicks in. if you deliberately try to wheelspin it will do it.
It also depends on tyre quality to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts