UK Dacia Forum banner

Sandero DRLs

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Nessi 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I recently brought my Sandero Laureate Prime and brought some bulbs to upgrade the DRLs. I briefly installed them earlier and I couldn't see much improvement.

I brought these ones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400895443553

Has anyone else installed them and do you find them better?

Thanks

Neil

#4 ·
If you bought the genuine MTEC you'll notice they're whiter but not brighter. I had them but they only lasted 2 months before one blew. Couldn't be bothered to buy another set and it would look odd keeping one along with one original bulb so just put both original bulbs back in.

To be honest the bulbs are bright enough. Much brighter than Fiat 500 or any Vauxhall car who all use the same DRL bulb as Dacia. I think it's because of the positioning. On Vauxhall cars the actual daylight from the sky reflects where the bulb is so makes it look much dimmer. Dacia's are low in the headlamp unit meaning the sun or sky doesn't reflect off it.

#6 ·
As I understand it DLRs are limited to 21W and cannot be used with side or headlights. The 21W lights are compromise between being bright enough to be seen in bright daylight and not dazzling other drivers in lower daylight conditions. Personally I would not want to second guess the road safety expert's judgement. LED DRLs were not mentioned but I assume are legal only if originally fitted.

Also, according to a police website, the use of Xenon bulbs in the UK is only legal if the original vehicle used them and 'upgrades' could result in MOT failure and/or police prosecution. The use of Xenon headlight bulb 'upgrades' often results in dangerous changes in the beam focus and pattern. ( I had been looking at upgrading to Xenon headlamps but discovered the potential problems just in time. I suspect the only choice is to add standard (non-Xenon, non-LED) driving/spot lamps.)

It is sad that there is less and less that we can fiddle with these days!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.