UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my new Sandero 1.2 Ambiance last Monday (18/03/2013).

The external key operated door lock is on the wrong side of the car, on the passenger door, not the drivers door.

Is this a common thing, or is it just my car?

Clearly this would only ever be an issue if the remote central locking stops working, but it still irritates me.

Any feedback will be very welcome.

Thank you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Correct, all Renault/Dacia cars have a single door lock on the passenger side. It is only used as a backup to the remote central locking which is not usually an issue so long as you replace the fob battery every two years.

Glygoo

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

I'm glad it's not just me.

I think if this is the only thing I can find to complain about my new car, there isn't really anything to complain about.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Common practice as it saves rewiring for LHD cars for which it will be on the drivers door for them, anyway it is kerb side?

Took delivery of my new Sandero 1.2 Ambiance last Monday (18/03/2013).

The external key operated door lock is on the wrong side of the car, on the passenger door, not the drivers door.

Is this a common thing, or is it just my car?

Clearly this would only ever be an issue if the remote central locking stops working, but it still irritates me.

Any feedback will be very welcome.

Thank you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Every Renault I've ever had, has had the manual lock on the passenger side.

Guess it's because the cars are really designed to be left hand drive. Hence the bonnet release in a lot of Renaults are on the left as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bonnet release is on the left in a Sandero too.

The thing I really don't understand is this. The Sandero Access has no central locking, so it has a door lock on both front doors. Why can't rhd Sandero's have the door lock on the drivers door? The door panels with a door lock hole clearly exist, so why can't we have the door lock on the "correct side" of the car?

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
The bonnet release is on the left in a Sandero too.
The thing I really don't understand is this. The Sandero Access has no central locking, so it has a door lock on both front doors. Why can't rhd Sandero's have the door lock on the drivers door? The door panels with a door lock hole clearly exist, so why can't we have the door lock on the "correct side" of the car?
I'd imagine It will be more to do with the actuation solenoid for the central locking (and associated wiring) tbh

Bit of a pain if your key fob stops working but at least you can still get I. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
If I buy an access will the wiring be in the doors or does it have a slimmed down loom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
90 Posts
does anyone know how the rear hatchback opens on the sandero.i just remember the salesman opening but he seemed to do it from driver seat area

·
Registered
95 Posts
Its difficult to ascertain until you open up the door and look at whaty connectors are in the loom.

Kia use to sell the trim level '1 (themost basic kia rio) without central locking; but as kia only produced 1 set of wiring loom for all of its rio's it was easy to retro-fit the central locking.

Dacia may install a different wiring loom depending on the model, you will need to have a look at it and compare it to whats in the dealer service and repair manual.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was thinking that the factory had used a non UK door on a right hand drive by mistake. But it is good to know that it is a common thing on Renault cars. Regardless, I am very impressed so far with the Sandero.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had exactly the same thought, which is why I started this thread.
I just got back from walking the dog.... and going around the block I saw three Renault cars, all with the lock on the passenger door. Never noticed this before, and I suspect that most people never notice it. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
In fact, this video shows an almost identical Sandero to mine, and YES, it has the lock on the passenger side. No worries. :)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Fyi
I drove a 2000 lhd freelander
10 minutes I searched the leaver for the engine hood
It was on the right side of the car oppossite the driver....so...we ve got our revenge now :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there anyway to lock (push buttons down) on the Sandero Access when passenger door and rear doors are open. Or can you only push the buttons down with doors closed. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts