UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Having recently had surgery on my left foot, I am struggling to drive a manual car in traffic, and regrettably I am having to sell my Sandero, and purchase an automatic car.

Here are a few details:

Dacia Sandero 1.2 Ambiance.

Sargasso blue.

8,000 miles, but in daily use so mileage is slowly rising.

1 owner (me) from new.

Registered 18/03/2013.

Full main dealer service 17/03/2014 at 5,636 miles.

Road tax until 28/02/2015.

18 months manufacturer warranty remaining.

Genuine Dacia carpet mats.

Genuine Dacia boot liner.

All handbooks, paper work, and the correct sales brochure included.

No problems/faults/defects.

Only issues are a very very small ding just above the driver's door handle, but you really have to look for it to find it, and a light scuff on the nearside front wheel trim.

Having looked at similar cars for sale online, at prices from £5,700 to £6,300 (dealer retail price), I think £5,250 or very near offer is a fair asking price.

The car, including the mats and the boot liner was £7,149.99.

Would be willing to take a good condition and reasonable mileage Volvo 240 or 740 or 940 in part exchange, though it MUST be automatic and a 4 door saloon.

I live close to the town of Selby in North Yorkshire, approximately 12 miles south of the city of York.

For enquiries and questions, please e-mail [email protected] and I will get back to you just as soon as I can.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Mate here's a good tip if your thinking of selling-

When a potential buyer is looking over the car or when wording a advert never ever point out minor defects.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
If I were trading it in I agree, but not if I'm selling on directly. Honesty is always the best policy, if someone views a vehicle and finds faults you haven't mentioned this is a bartering point but if they were aware of the minor defect and the price advertised they make an informed choice before arrival.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe being 100% honest and upfront is the best policy. Twice in the past I have been to look over potential purchases and been left very angry. One was a Ford Ka that had the pictures altered on the online advert to hide the severe rusting around the fuel filler, and one was a VW Golf that the seller "forgot to mention" had been a Catergory C insurance write off. So I feel by pointing out my car's very minor blemishes, I am not wasting anyone's time if they want and expect absolute perfection. And also as pointed out, the buyer has little to barter against the price I am asking. I feel anyone is more likely to buy anything from someone you feel has been honest with you and you can trust.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am now needing to sell my car as soon as I can. My problematic left foot is getting worse, and I need to get myself an automatic. If anyone knows of someone looking for a car such as mine in or around the Selby area, please point them in my direction. I am putting up an advert this week on Auto Trader, and their suggested price is £5,225, so that is what I am asking.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. That was 13 months ago now, and since then I have done about 5,000 miles or so, with no problems, including the car being given a full clean bill of health when it was serviced in March.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts