UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have been watching this forum for a while now, but now I feel I have something to contribute.

Also your advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

My 5 month (2,900 miles) old Sandero 1.2 Ambiance developed a loud rumbling, rattling and creaking noise from the front suspension.

When I took it back to the supplying dealer, they said it is the front shock absorber top bearings that have gone and need replacing.

Has anyone else had/having a similar problem?

I have been waiting for 2 weeks now for the dealer to get the replacement parts. Is that too long? I think it is.

Any advice and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
If you've been reading the forum for months you'd know that two weeks is not long and it would be a miracle if they arrived in that time! :)

I've not heard of anyone else having probs yet so it's a good heads up.

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you've been reading the forum for months you'd know that two weeks is not long and it would be a miracle if they arrived in that time! :)

I've not heard of anyone else having probs yet so it's a good heads up.
I'm sorry, I did not explain very well.

I know waiting times have been very long, but taken in isolation, should I not have had my replacement parts by now?

After all, it is only a couple of bearings.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

I know waiting times have been very long, but taken in isolation, should I not have had my replacement parts by now?

Sadly no- to save money they seem to build cars to order' which is great as you get a new car for the price of a used model- but they seem to apply this logic to spare parts and several perfectly good cars have been written off as insurance companies will not fork out for hire cars if a repair takes months

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi there.

I have had a few parts replaced in my sandero and the waiting time for the pieces is usually 2 weeks, so it seems you are about in time for that.

About the problem it self, didn't have that on mine.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts

they are not just some bearings

what kind of roads do u drive on???,

i drove a logan for almost 300.000 km before i changed those bearings

and even then the part that gave away was the strut

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Timeliner yes I agree with you, you 'should' have had the parts by now. It seems to beg the question yet again, if these cars are built using Renault/Nissan existing parts why are the parts not available?

I think we need to make an effort to find out which parts are from which vehicle so we can source our own when the need arises.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they are not just some bearings

what kind of roads do u drive on???,

i drove a logan for almost 300.000 km before i changed those bearings

and even then the part that gave away was the strut
I drive on smooth well maintained roads. The same roads I have been driving on for 20 years, and who knows how many thousands of miles.

Never had this problem before, and especially not on a low mileage car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Timeliner yes I agree with you, you 'should' have had the parts by now. It seems to beg the question yet again, if these cars are built using Renault/Nissan existing parts why are the parts not available?

I think we need to make an effort to find out which parts are from which vehicle so we can source our own when the need arises.
I have been led to believe that the Sandero is basically the previous generation Renault Clio substructure and mechanics, with Dacia's own upper body and interior to make it into the Sandero. So surely the front shock absorber top bearings I need would therefore be readily available?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news.

Just had in the last few minutes a phone call from the dealer. They now have my parts in stock, but unfortunately due to work and family commitments, and the availability of a courtesy car, it will not be done until Wednesday of next week.

Oh well, at least the wheels are in motion now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts