UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have 2013 Dacia Sandero 1.2 petrol. I have noticed lately that the fuel gauge and mileage counter goes blank when I turn on the car on a cold evening, I then turn on the heat in the car the display come back slowly . Has anyone the same problem ? the dealer has told me it is the first time to hear of it.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hi
I have 2013 Dacia Sandero 1.2 petrol. I have noticed lately that the fuel gauge and mileage counter goes blank when I turn on the car on a cold evening, I then turn on the heat in the car the display come back slowly . Has anyone the same problem ? the dealer has told me it is the first time to hear of it.
Sounds like a faulty LCD display to me. Faulty LCD displays do go blank when cold.

Get them to replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Just to follow up on my LCD display got it replaced by my local dealership under warranty

thanks Nessi for your help.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
By tanked it up do you mean filled it up until petrol starts to come out the tank and run down the side of your car.. then yes.
Lol by tanked up I mean filled to the top of the tank, but not quite over filled to be running down the outside of the car...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yea but what I'm saying that once you fill up it stays there for about 100 miles or so before it starts moving, or am I the only one that notices this ?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Yea but what I'm saying that once you fill up it stays there for about 100 miles or so before it starts moving, or am I the only one that notices this ?
Yea Its normal and nothing to worry about...
You will also notice that you don't get the same mileage from each section of the fuel gauge.
Its just a primitive level gauge not a precision measuring instrument.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts