UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question. Anyone any ideas how to remove a sandero gearknob? Got a nice black/blue one to inject a little colour into my interiorinterior. ☺

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I once removed a ivecos full gear stick by trying and failing to get the thing in reverse, it just sheared off from the joint, be very careful twisting things, you also don't want to damage your bag jiggling things around too much ????

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I know hence asking on here lol.
try warming the plastic bit with a hot water bottle, then move it slightly clockwise while it's hot to give it some slack, then counterclockwise, if it's a screw on one it should do the trick, it may have glue in it also ????

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Wait until it thumps the producer. Seems the only way to remove a knob these days!
Seriously though, I think gear knobs are moulded on these days and have to be cut off.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Without wishing to be criticised for not taking the question seriously I have to say that I find my 3ft long stilsons wrench gets most things off one way or another.

If it is supposed to come off it will come off.....................if it's not supposed to come off it will come off.

Either way the job is a good 'un!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Simple question. Anyone any ideas how to remove a sandero gearknob? Got a nice black/blue one to inject a little colour into my interiorinterior. ☺
Had a look to see if the gear knob would move in my new stepway, short answer is you would have to break to remove.

Little sad at this but not a big deal car is still pretty awesome.

·
Registered
171 Posts
In my experience, most Fords, Toyotas and Hondas gear knobs just screw off but all the old Renault's I've seen come and go in the family have always had some kind of molded attachment that are not as easy to remove, the Dacia seems to have the molded type also so I would advise leaving it be because the aftermarket knob won't screw on either and may come off in hand during fast/hard gear changes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts