UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is the sat nav on the sandero a bit user unfriendly.

Is there a quick and easy way to set this ?

Ive read the manual but still having bother getting full post codes entered.

Any advice folks ?

Ta

·
Registered
313 Posts
Never put your 'home' postcode in - Use one from a good few roads away, then if your car is nicked, they can't burgle your house by using the satnav to locate it!

I tend to use a map if I need to find somewhere - much easier! :D

·
Registered
756 Posts
The sat nav is not to bad compared to some, what is getting my goat is if you are on the Bluetooth call then you can't see where to go, a very bad design floor, in addition it is not 100% compatible with iPhone contacts and does not always bring up user ID.

It does also lack the traffic master facility most have but at the price that's fine, the speed camera warning is good but can drone on if they are measured cameras or the ones on the M42 which go on for miles!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I prefer to occasionally glance at the sat nav just make sure i'm still on the right road, i prefer not to have something to tell me when to take the next turn or that the roundabout ahead is 50 - 10 feet away, repeatedly like an annoying child wanting sweets at the store. I Have the WIFE for that.

·
Registered
756 Posts
lol I normally have the volume muted on it, its when i'm in a strange city and needing the directions and the phone rings and it just goes to the telephone screen with no directions, I either shut the call off or guess!!

To be fair this system does not remind you a roundabout is approaching like the 47,000 times the Tom tom does

·
Registered
756 Posts
Well I over the moon to say the latest update enables you to use the sat nav whilst making a call on the unit, this has just made my life 100 times easier and the car is great now!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Early days yet guys hopefully they will listen to the feed back and tweak it over time :)
I didn't realise it doesn't play video files not a deal breaker but the word media insinuates Audio and video to me ..
Can't wait it get mine and fiddle though keep us updated with any tips and tweaks you find.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Think it's illegal to play video in the front unless there is a hand break sensor like the ken wood I had in the ASX but a pair of wire snips soon solved that lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts