UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon folks,

Quick question.. does anyone know whether the seats from another Renault model will fit into the Sandero as a straight swap?

As the car's based on an older Clio, I was wondering if the seats from one would swap in onto the same runners etc.

Sat in one at the dealers the other day and the Sandero seats felt very unsupportive.

Thanks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
It think what you first need to make sure of is whether the Sandero has the seat belt warning systen like the Duster has and I'm guessing it has.

If this is the case the seatbelt is connected to the seat through to the dash.

So what you need to do is either ...

1. See if that is disconnected you don't get a constant alert

or

2. you can get a interconnect-able version which I'm guessing should be possible as it is probably using Renault technology.

However a lot of variables there that I cannot say for sure is true but something to ask about.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Afternoon folks,

Quick question.. does anyone know whether the seats from another Renault model will fit into the Sandero as a straight swap?
As the car's based on an older Clio, I was wondering if the seats from one would swap in onto the same runners etc.

Sat in one at the dealers the other day and the Sandero seats felt very unsupportive.

Thanks!
I agree, I experienced the same when I test drove when deciding which one I wouldn't be getting delivery of (LOL)

I found the that the edges of the seat just collapsed away offering zero support for the knee joint area.

However that was not the case with the Duster..... That I know will eventually arrive one day.... As he song goes... "One day my car will come" or something like that ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, it's a bit of a shame really.. I was pretty impressed with the rest of the car for the money (well, once you step up from the entry level, I nearly pulled the door handle off it was so flimsy..haha).

Little things that feel cheap and nasty (like the gearknob) are easily replaced/upgraded.. but the seats were no use. If Clio 172 ones fit straight in, I'll swap the interior out in a flash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts