UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i get a lot of engine noise on my sandero 1.2 when driving, noticed there is no insulation panels on bulkhead or under bonnet, does anyone know if you can buy under bonnet panel, noticed the holes are there to fix one

Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just fitted a load of sound deadening stuff on my Dacia Duster Diesel. It is made of a rubberised black stuff with a ali metal sheet on one side to reflect heat too. You simply cut the sheets of the material to size with large scissors then peel of the backing and push it onto the painted surface. I then suggest you use something hard to press it onto the metalwork so that it sticks to all curves and dips in the metalwork etc etc. Doesnt matter what car you have , its worth doing it..

This stuff stops all the vibration of the metalwork and cuts out all droning noises. I put in on the underside of the bonnet between the paintwork and the standard panel they fit to the bonnet underside. I also laid it on the boot floor under the standard carpet thing. it stops the noisy diesel sounds from the front and also any exhaust noises at the back and all road noise too. I can tell that it is quieter now and well worth the money and time...

The sheets are about 15 inch by 10 inch and come in packs or single sheets.

Product code i used was GRO-GZDM800-G Ground zero GZDM 800-gold sound deadening from CAD Warehouse via www.caraudiodirect.co.uk for £29.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've got a sort of fuzzy bit of material that's on the inside of the bonnet. Is that sound-proofing?

Where else could you put it? as I must admit, the diesel sends some big vibes through the car on occasion.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Put the sound deadening anywhere you like if it will stick to the surface. It is heat resistant so can go in and around the engine bay , inside the doors, in the boot especially on the floor area, under the floor carpet, under the back seat base and so on. The biggest gains on the rattling diesel noises are the boot floor and under the bonnet. But go for it if you have the spare cash for the packs....

The fuzzy bit of stuff you mention is the standard fitted sound deadening .. You unclip that from the bonnet at the front side leaving the water pipe for the jets connected and whilst its laying across the top of the engine , you stick on the sheets of the stuff to the paint on the underside of the bonnet. WHen you have done this, simply refit the pop in things to the fuzzy thing and refit it as it was. Then you have hidden the new sound deadening under it. In the boot , simply take out all the flooring material and or the rubber boot tray etc. WIpe it down and vacuum out then stick the stuff on the boot floor especially over the exhaust box side and the larger metal areas . Its the metal areas that vibrate and drum so you really want a sheet on these.

So good luck, its an easy job, not messy and well worth doing ....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the helpfull replys guys, does anyone know if they fit underbonnet insulation on the sandero diesel model

·
Registered
319 Posts
It soaks up the vibration and the actual pads stop the metal panels from vibrating. Its the same as if you place your hand on a sheet of metal and someone bangs it . The sound is absorbed by your hand and it prevents the noise travelling across the panel. You can hear the difference when you tap or bang the panel and its the same on a car. The pads are used in sound booths to provide acoustic control and a car is no different.

The sheets can be taken of again but i wouldnt want to do it. But why would you want to remove them especially if you have like me put them in places you cant normally see. The sheets act the same as carpet does in making the vehicle quieter. Try driving your car with no carpets and hear the extra noise.

·
Registered
153 Posts
One thing I've noticed is that when in fairly low revs the engine is quite a bit louder. I have Osteoclerosis, so I'm practically deaf in my right ear. Except vibrations and bass sound go right through, so the deep engine noise is even louder for me than most.

I'm wondering if whacking some of these somewhere in between engine and people will take a bit of the vibration away.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It sure does. Some cars are fitted with this stuff as standard but the budget cars from Dacia only have limited sound deadening like the very thin sheet on the under bonnet area and some around the engine between bulk head and engine.

ON my boot floor, i added these sheets . I now have a nice shiny ali look in my boot under the carpet and the added rubber boot cover. If you now tap the painted area without the s/d on it it sounds much different to tapping the area with the s/d on it. No clang, no tinny metallic noise and no drumming or vibration etc being transmitted elsewhere.

I fitted it under the cheap under bonnet thing too. With the bonnet up you dont really notice it. It looks like it is a standard fit .. It reduces the sound from the diesel in the car and out. It seems to soak up the diesel clanking noise. SO i guess it works like the motorway sound barriers and noise is absorbed or removed....

I recommend it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Here you go , a pic showing a sheet of this sound deadening stuff in place. Its pliable and needs pressing into the dips in the metalwork to work best. It is easy to use , just peel off the backing and press it on. Tap a panel before adding it and after to hear the difference....

Attachments

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Den do you have a picture of your underbonnet sound proofing fitted?

Im seriously considering doing this to Juan Sandero!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Here is a pic of my bonnet. You can just see the silver showing on the two holes in the under bonnet thing that they fit as standard. I kept it under their fitting as i only wanted to do the above engine area but you could put is all around the entire under bonnet like the bit i have near the front of the bonnet. The entire area under the standard thing is covered with the sound deadening.

Attachments

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Im glad the Duster comes with something as standard as the Sandero has nothing!

I shall invest in these as the droning noise at speed on the motorway does get on my pip a bit!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts