UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anybody help re maps included with my Dacia Stepway. She was bought in May 2015. I live in Northern Ireland and when crossing the border recently the satnav went blank whilst in Southern Ireland. Could anybody living North or South tell me what maps is on their car. I have UK and Gibraltar ? When you go to buy maps the UK/Ireland seem to be together! Many thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Roldorf,

I think my maps should include all Ireland. Hope to hear from someone driving in Ireland who might be able to shed a bit more light on this. Looks like I need to contact dealer..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Did you ever get an answer to this one. I had a similar issue last week when going to Dublin. Only have UK and Gibraltar.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hi,
Can anybody help re maps included with my Dacia Stepway. She was bought in May 2015. I live in Northern Ireland and when crossing the border recently the satnav went blank whilst in Southern Ireland. Could anybody living North or South tell me what maps is on their car. I have UK and Gibraltar ? When you go to buy maps the UK/Ireland seem to be together! Many thanks.
If you have a technical issue with your map, Which I presume you do if it is going blank...

Go to the website where you buy map updates....
Use the technical support section to contact them...
Here is the link logon then send them details of your issue...
https://dacia.naviextras.com/shop/portal/support

They will get you to send them a thumbprint from your satnav, They send you step by step instructions how to send them what they need.
They will then test the thumbprint you send them, If there is a issue with it they will fix it and send you a repair for you to download onto a usb pen and transfer to your satnav.

If its not a fault with the maps and is a fault with the medianav itself they will refer you go to your dealer and get your satnav repaired...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Did you ever get an answer to this one. I had a similar issue last week when going to Dublin. Only have UK and Gibraltar.

Thanks
Hi NLEN, I believe that the Uk and Gibraltar are the maps we should have. Disappointed that we bought the car on the Island of Ireland and did not get all Ireland included. I have bit the bullet and purchased the Uk/Ireland map for £57. Bit of a rip off but we are heading to Kildare for a few days in April and would rather have the maps. Cheers.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I spy another con with this. Why is it that the UK map costs double the French or Italian ones? Why are we in the UK paying more for a national map than they do? WHy dont we pay less as our country is a lot smaller than France is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts