UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week we had our work Christmas do. As part of the preparations myself and two colleagues took a visit to the local Co-op store. I drove them there in my Caspian blue Duster. Now, been the owner of a Caspian blue Duster I would be the first to admit they are not high on the colour popularity stakes. The UN white and the silvery silver taking that mantle. Colleague "B's" partner has a grey Duster, so he is familiar with the vehicle.

Anyway iIdropped them off and thought I will park up somewhere in prime place where I can see them and they will see me. I found the perfect place in the car park directly off to the left as you exit the store in clear view. I reversed in to provide myself with the optimum vantage point in which to see them come out.

Before long I saw colleague "A" exiting the store into the car park. i hooted my horn to get his attention. He ignored it and carried on walking straight ahead. I hooted my horn some more, but still he ignored me until he was out of sight.

Then colleague "B" walked out, again I hooted my horn and was again ignored. More furious sounding of the horn followed yet he failed to look in my direction as well. Idiots, I thought. They paid no attention to my loud, audible, signals.

I was just about to pull out of my parking space when all of a sudden coming around the line of parked cars which had obscured my view was...a caspian blue Duster!! I laughed out loud to myself as I realised why my hooting had been ignored. They had been enticed by the second Caspian blue Duster!!

What are the chances of two Caspian blue Duster's been in the same place at the same time? Absolutely zero I would say, as I never see any out on the road.

I drove round to pick up both confused colleagues only to find them in hysterics. Colleague A had even attempted to get into the second vehicle, opening the rear door as it was still moving cursing to himself as to why i would not stop the car for him to enter!!.It was only when he looked at the driver did he realise that it wasnt me. Instead of a bald 40 something male there looking back at him was a grey haired 60 something female who was too shocked to speak at the attempted car jacking that was in process!!

Oh how we laughed all the way back to work and even when the laughter had subsided at their mistake, all it took was one snigger at the recall of the incident to set us off laughing again.

Of course I had to share the story with all at the Christmas do!

Apologies to the owner of that Duster who was nearly car jacked in the aptly named town of Crook if you are a member of the forum. I really hope this incident did not spoil your Christmas.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Caspian Blue is a very popular colour choice at the dealership that I work for; I would actually go as far to say it is the most popular colour for us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts