UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one please help. My wife was driving her duster and the seat belt alarm started to go off for no reason and wouldn’t stop till the car was turned off and left for 5-7 minutes

·
Administrator
463 Posts
Just to check - handbag or something wasn’t on the passenger seat? My laptop bag can trigger the seatbelt alarm and it’s not heavy at all!

If not -Might be worth looking below seats to make sure no wires exposed / something down there that shouldn’t be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
can any one please help. My wife was driving her duster and the seat belt alarm started to go off for no reason and wouldn’t stop till the car was turned off and left for 5-7 minutes
Mine randomly chimed and I had to keep plugging and unplugging my belt in until it eventually stopped. This went on for weeks until it finally just stayed on no matter what. I ended up pulling the connector to stop it and now I don't have a seatbelt alarm for my driver's seat. My intention was to get it looked at and fixed but I keep forgetting about it as it doesn't chime anymore!

Anyway, from a short term usability point of view the connector is directly under the seat and is the only prominent one running along the bottom of the seat; you can just pull the male and female connectors apart and this will disable the malfunctioning sensor. If I ever get around to plugging mine back in and finding the solution I'll let you know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts