UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to turn off the automatic self locking of all the doors? I find this a real annoyance and cant understand why its been added. You get no time at all after the doors close then it go click and locks itself all round.. Why?? Who wanted this silly option?

How do you turn it off, anyone know how?

·
Registered
382 Posts
If its the same as the Sandero....I think you hold the button on the dash down for a few seconds (possibly with ignition on) until clicks (or flashes or something) one of the first things I did when I got my Sandero and its never automatically locked since :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did I read somewhere on here that is was the position of the interior light switch that determined this???

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I agree, it can be irritating. I've got into the habit of lifting the driver's door handle every time to break the auto-locking as the risk of leaving keys in the boot or on the back seat is too high.

DM is the expert on the courtesy light thing..... I've never got mine to work though...... and she does have two-way conversations with her George (pinch of salt and all that :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I think its a good thing. when driving late at night I always lock my doors' recently a friend of mine (and yes I do have friends) had her handbag stolen at traffic lights from the front seat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
First thing I do when I get in my car is lock my doors.

Sent from my Novo7Fire using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I agree, it can be irritating. I've got into the habit of lifting the driver's door handle every time to break the auto-locking as the risk of leaving keys in the boot or on the back seat is too high.

DM is the expert on the courtesy light thing..... I've never got mine to work though...... and she does have two-way conversations with her George (pinch of salt and all that :rolleyes: )
I had this problem...and was shown at the 2nd McMuster....

Above the rear-viewing mirror....is the light switch....put it into the middle position...not off to one side...

Since then...the doors on George don't auto lock...

and its worked on about 5 other dusters too...

Not promising anything...and don't risk leaving your keys in the car...

I accept no responsibilty if it doesn't work on your car.

The safer option is to always open the drivers door first before opening a rear door...that also disables the locks on the rear doors...

And i believe (not 100% certain) that the latter is the method mentioned in the manual....

I'm sure i'll be corrected if this is wrong

DM x

ps....2 way conversations.....LOL....really !!!!????? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
313 Posts
You hold the lock button for @ 5 seconds until it clicks, then you decide to lock / unlock without it doing so automatically as you drive away - Much safer if carrying children and using child locks on their doors.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
As far as I can tell the DUSTER auto-locks the doors after about 30 seconds if you close them all and walk away from a parked car. This can be a problem if your ignition key is inside.

It doesn't lock them when you drive away, you have to do that manually with the button on the dash or key.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I dont think it can happen if the Ign Key is in the lock ! But it will happen if the key is on the seat ! it also relocks after opening from a distance and you take time to get to the car it will lock again

·
Registered
29 Posts
happened to me - keys left on back seat after putting some stuff in - lucky it was just outside the house so i could nip in and get spare key !!

·
Registered
895 Posts
That should not happen ! they only re-lock if lets say you open your car and then don't open a door ie talk to someone in the street !It will then lock but as soon as you open a door you deactivate the locking system stand to reason as well

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
It's quite simple. Opening one of the front doors or the boot activates switches that turn on interior lights. This tells the locking system not to relock.

Opening the rear passenger doors does not activate any switches, the locking system is unaware that anything has happened and relocks.

Not ideal but just remember not to open rear passenger doors only, throw your keys in then shut the doors!

·
Registered
895 Posts
If that is true then it is bloody stupid ! :blink: Like I said I will have a shufty in the morning sp watch this space :huh:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I think its a good thing. when driving late at night I always lock my doors' recently a friend of mine (and yes I do have friends) had her handbag stolen at traffic lights from the front seat.
happened to my wife also
I agree that this is a good thing....... while I was stopped at traffic lights today someone stole my wife. (I managed to grab the paper she was reading :mellow: )

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
As long as interior lights are set to come on when either front or rear door are opened the auto lock will not lock. Or it dos'nt on my duster (or boot)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts