UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - newbie alert!

We're seriously considering buying a new Logan and I've spent hours reading this forum - thanks for all the great hints and tips I've picked up. I have a few queries that I'm hoping someone can help me with:

1. Can anyone tell me, definitively, whether you get a full size wheel if you order the emergency spare wheel option? There seems to be contradictory information on here (or have people been supplied with different wheels?).

2. Realistically, what's the lead time from order to delivery (I'd rather have your experience of this than ask a dealer who's trying to sell me a car!). I'm carless at the moment as my Renault Scenic went on fire on the way home a couple of weeks ago - I can factor in the cost of hiring something in the meantime if I get an idea of lead time on the Logan.

3. Should I be concerned about the DPF issue? We've had older diesels without the filter so have no experience of them. I'm a bit worried that it might cost upwards of £1000 to replace it at 100,000 miles, according to what I've been reading - any views/experience of this?

Would appreciate any input on these points. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hello, you get a full size spare as the normal wheels are 15", but you have to pay for it.
I got mine in 6 days,
the dpf I'm not sure about as I chose the tce, I've had older cars with dpf problems but nothing after 2010, and that was a Ford anyway.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
224 Posts
Post 2010 all 1.5 DCi's are fitted with a fifth injector which takes care of the regen process independently of your driving style. However at 100,000 miles, probably before you will need a new DPF which is expensive. That's no different to any other diesel you can buy at this time. Because of the fifth injector, you can forget about dpf problems until then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. I'm a bit more reassured about the DPF now. Re the spare wheel - when you say you have to pay for it, I assume that's as the £95 option when you order the car? Do you know if that includes the cradle, jack & wheel brace?

Does anyone have experience of driving the 1.5 DCi with a seats folded full load? Does it have enough pulling power? Does it get all wallowy (if that's a word) like my Scenic used to?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yes the 95 pound, allincluded in the price, the seats seem ok so far, they have child seats in them at the moment, the drivers seat is very comfortable, would you go for the laureate?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the 95 pound, allincluded in the price, the seats seem ok so far, they have child seats in them at the moment, the drivers seat is very comfortable, would you go for the laureate?

Yes, we're thinking about the Laureate in Black with the spare wheel option and 7 year warranty. I don't think I can give up air con - it sometimes gets too hot even here in Scotland!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I think its worth the extra, the air con is pretty chilly...unless I make a cock up and hit the heated rear screen button by mistake like I often do.
I went for white because I'm tight fisted .
I've had 2 black cars in the past and after the last one never again, especially now we have 3 kids. But each to their own I guess, the one we saw in the dealer was dark red, it looked better in that colour to me, but it was the ambiance.
Good luck with your decision, don't rule out the tce, it was the only engine I thought I definately didn't want, but I'm glad the dealer went through its advantages.
We went in initially for a 1.2 sandero ambiance, ended up with the Logan laureate, the boot space sold it to my wife, and the labra-pup loves being able to see out all sides in there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the 1.5 diesel and I love it. There is plenty of power and the engine is nice and quiet. I have had mine for just over a week and I still cannot get over the size of the car you get for the money. It really is a no brainer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're inclined towards the diesel as we'll do quite a lot of miles and the fuel economy appeals - it's good to hear it's quiet. Carlos - can you tell me what the problem is with the black as I've never had a black car before (I quite like the red as well).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine is black. No problem with it at all!! Just needs washing regularly to keep it looking good.

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Thanks for your replies. I'm a bit more reassured about the DPF now. Re the spare wheel - when you say you have to pay for it, I assume that's as the £95 option when you order the car? Do you know if that includes the cradle, jack & wheel brace?
There's no cradle as the spare sits in the boot well. For £95 you get everything else you need for a wheel change. The spare is identical to the wheel/tyre on the car saving you the cost of one tyre when those on the front are worn!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's no cradle as the spare sits in the boot well. For £95 you get everything else you need for a wheel change. The spare is identical to the wheel/tyre on the car saving you the cost of one tyre when those on the front are worn!
Thanks for that - I'm pleased it goes in the boot as I've had experience of the spare wheel being under the car and it's not much fun when you need to change it in the rain!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
We're inclined towards the diesel as we'll do quite a lot of miles and the fuel economy appeals - it's good to hear it's quiet. Carlos - can you tell me what the problem is with the black as I've never had a black car before (I quite like the red as well).
black cars are buggers for showing marks, scratches etc, with our kids it would look tatty in no time.
I've not had experience with the black paint on dacias, but fords panther black was awful, every tiny little scratch you wouldn't normally see was visable.
Silver was a good colour for hiding everything, my last car was white, after 4 years it still looked as good as new, no stone chips nothing, maybe they hammered it on???? Dacias white... well its not what you'd call the most decent paint job, after 2 months I've already had the white hamerite out to fill the chips in. (Not too many mind you).
Also black paintwork in the sun you could fry an egg on, white stays reasonably cooler... and its free.
I'd go for the red, wish I did now, but its the same colour as our c Max, my wife is easily confused. But its up to you in the end, the only thing on my mind is how to fill the boot... still not managed it yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
black cars are buggers for showing marks, scratches etc, with our kids it would look tatty in no time.
I've not had experience with the black paint on dacias, but fords panther black was awful, every tiny little scratch you wouldn't normally see was visable.
Silver was a good colour for hiding everything, my last car was white, after 4 years it still looked as good as new, no stone chips nothing, maybe they hammered it on???? Dacias white... well its not what you'd call the most decent paint job, after 2 months I've already had the white hamerite out to fill the chips in. (Not too many mind you).
Also black paintwork in the sun you could fry an egg on, white stays reasonably cooler... and its free.
I'd go for the red, wish I did now, but its the same colour as our c Max, my wife is easily confused. But its up to you in the end, the only thing on my mind is how to fill the boot... still not managed it yet.

Oh wow - that's food for thought. I could go for the red - just have to persuade my other half, but we also thought that the black trim with the black paint might look quite good. Decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Oh wow - that's food for thought. I could go for the red - just have to persuade my other half, but we also thought that the black trim with the black paint might look quite good. Decisions, decisions!
yes there is that, I am still considering colour coding the black bits over the rear lights, but I've got that much to do at home my wife would go hairless if I started messing with the car.
I only chose the white because it was available at no extra cost, and it just meant I could get it quicker.
I got my spare wheel free I think as the car was already made with it in.
I think if u like sat navs the media nav seems a good buy for 300, I'd never use it so I stuck to the standard radio, which I think is pretty good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Laureate in black with the dark grey/black leather seats and with the recent sunny weather it gets HOT inside but the air con is great and after a few minutes on full blast it's nice and chilly. I'm planning on getting the rear windows tinted to help keep the temp down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We went to the dealer yesterday to get a look at all the colours in the flesh. I actually quite liked the Stone (more like a dull gold colour) and the Red is still in the running (you'd think the colour was the most important thing in a new car the way I'm going on!).

I know the Dacias haven't been around that long, but what are your views on replacement of the DPF? I've heard it can cost upwards of £1000 at around 100,000 miles - do we just hope that, by the time the Dacia's need replaced (probably after about 7 years for us), the cost will be more reasonable? What convinced those of you that have them to go for the TCe90?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
We went to the dealer yesterday to get a look at all the colours in the flesh. I actually quite liked the Stone (more like a dull gold colour) and the Red is still in the running (you'd think the colour was the most important thing in a new car the way I'm going on!).

I know the Dacias haven't been around that long, but what are your views on replacement of the DPF? I've heard it can cost upwards of £1000 at around 100,000 miles - do we just hope that, by the time the Dacia's need replaced (probably after about 7 years for us), the cost will be more reasonable? What convinced those of you that have them to go for the TCe90?
it will but you should have saved around that on fuel, no dpf or filter system is fool proof, even modern day trucks aren't the agricultural power hungry beasts they used to be, alot of them now use ad blue (pig urea) liquid as a means to eliminate the soot (think some mercs are also using this) by saturating the exhaust system. H
This is the most reliable method but still has costs,ie sensors and can still by clogged up by the fluid crystallizing in the system or when it hits oxygen (I've been bathed in the stuff so I know)
I'd go for the diesel as it is more refined than the tce, the tce boosts up to speed better than you'd expect, yet the diesel is smooth, crackle (which is a horrible sound) free, and possibly 10-15 MPG better on fuel.
I'd have a go in both, I personally enjoy the tces Turbo kicking in and all things boosty (might have mentioned that before!!! :p), but the diesel just seems that little bit more classy to me... :eek: although I've only compared in the new Clio.
But also the dci needs a cambelt change... at year 6 at a guess so the tce may work out cheaper in the log run... :unsure: think I've confused myself now, excuse me I've been up since 3 this morning :wacko:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
By the way I chose the tce by dealer recommendations, he had a captur tce company car, I did ask about the 1.2 but he just said "no"
I chose the petrol as after years of diesel only ownership, the petrol cars (to me before anyone gets out of their cage!) Have been alot less headache in the long run, the 06 plate c Max which is rust on wheels has, yet never failed us once, and after my 4 y o pixo which I used as a works car (met by laughter by all the chaps who sailed in her) which never once gave in ,there was only one choice for me, don't get me wrong I've had reliable diesels, but that ended in 06.

but after trying the diesel in the Clio.... I could be tempted back...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
This really is a no brainier' unless you do a very high mileage oil burners just do not make economical sense' even worse if you mostly do low mileage urban motoring they could become a liabiity

1 - 20 of 22 Posts