UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm 800 miles from my first service for the 1.5 diesel Sandero and I've had a price for £125.00 all in, how does this compare to anyone else?

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
First service for the 1.2 petrol is an oil change, check the fluid levels and a general look over.

I kid you not its a new world for the life of spark plugs and air filters!

·
Registered
109 Posts
That compares to most cars I have had. It will be oil and filter and a million point "check" anything they "find" may be extra.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I never go back to the main dealers for servicing as they are just too expensive' and in all the years going this with several new cars never had a warranty issue declined' £125 for basically a oil change is a bit steep. Also have you noticed several big firms like ford etc offer cut price servicing only to cars over three years old knowing you won't return once the warranty has ran out

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
oil, oil filter, air filter, diesel fuel filter

all over check up

and check the drainage holes that are on either side of the car

in the wiper engine compartment for leaves

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well i'm 800 miles from my first service for the 1.5 diesel Sandero and I've had a price for £125.00 all in, how does this compare to anyone else?
Did you book yours in yet? Assuming this price is around Lincoln way - is it Renault main dealer or franchised. Round London cheapest I have been quoted is £150 - most expensive £188. Not impressed where is this £109 offer that was posted one time on Dacia site - just to pull us in no doubt........

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Duster 4x2 dci, 3 years £489 or 1st year £190 both inc vat The coop motor group lincoln

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not sure on UK costs but what they do on the 1.5 diesel Duster is as follows:

Oil and filter change (It's some sort of expensive ELF oil which is designed specifically for engines with a DPF)

Pollen filter change if it's got air con

Swap front and rear wheels around

Check loads of things

Only thing I'd question is oil designed specifically for DPF engines. Is that credible? I had a BMW e61 which had DPF and used the same oil (Castrol Edge 5w 30) as my X5 which has no DPF.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The QQ has a different oil to the Sandero (same engine) the QQ one is a low ash version for DPF's and more expensive but it has a 18k service mileage where as the Sandero is 12,500 and a cheaper oil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts