UK Dacia Forum banner

service costs

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  kfmounsey 
#1 ·
hi everyone just got back from 2 months in spain with my logan and it has been impeccable service now due Arnold Clarke has quoted 129 pounds is this the best deal I want the best oil money can buy going in it so gonna be extra ive two good quality oil filters so im thinking of doing it myself is this wise

#5 ·
Evans halshaw are using castrol gold or edge or whatever it is as their service oils for Renault/ dacia engines.
They'll price match anything to get your business, so if you've got a branch nearby might be worth a call.
Just check the oil before driving off, they have a habit of overfilling :blink:

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

#6 ·
Had a phone call this afternoon from Arnold Clark saying my Logan 1-5 dci is due a service, I asked what the cost would be and was quoted £159, I thought this was expensive so I asked if that was the best they could do. The person asked what my mileage was, I have just turned over 9000 miles, so I was offered an intermediate service for £129. Before I go to the garage, does anyone know what the difference is in the services and what actually gets done apart from oil and filter change and the usual check this that and the next thing which anyone with an ounce of gumption could do with their eyes shut. Had the car for a year and (touch wood) haven't had any problems at all,very happy with it, mpg is anything from high 50s to mid to high 60s even on motorway driving always at the speed limit !!!!!!!!! would never think of going over 70mph, after all that's breaking the law !!!!!!! How do other Logan drivers compare

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was quoted 129 quid without them asking the mileage its a bloody expensive oil change and a cursorory look over my daughter who has bmw says they charge 15 quid to reset service on computer which takes 10 seconds to do that's 360 pound an hour she had a new battery supply and replace 720 pounds but just got it under warranty the computer said it was tiredso dacia seems cheap

#9 ·
Well got the Logan serviced for £129. consisting of oil and filter change, tyre wear measured and recorded, screen wash topped up ( must have needed about 50ml!) a quick check over the rest and a rough wash. Charged for oil,filter,sump washer and recycling of old oil. Labour £98!!!. On my other cars the doors, bonnet and boot hinges were lubricated, not this time! Talk about money for old rope or should I say service stamp or am I being a miserable old sod?

#12 ·
How did you find a decent indepedant who will charge £40 to do an oil change with an OE filter and the correct grade of oil? Pretty much most indies I've ever heard of charge as much if not more for the same level of servicing.

Mind you, funny story - my Mum went in Halfords the other week to buy some oil for her BMW they showed her the one listed but then told her to buy a thicker oil as it would be better and they tried to sell her the stated oil capacity of her car........for a topup!

#19 ·
mate they always show you a ''filthy'' pollen/air filter as proof it actually needed replacing- ask yourself 'did you really see it come from the car to you????. It would not need replacing on a first service unless you covered 20k+ miles
our c Max is still on the same pollen filter as it was when we bought it about 5 years ago, the Guy that looks after the car it recycles it for us... whoops.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.