UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Duster Prestige. When I turn on the ignition for the last few week's the Service Light is on. Today the "Warning Light Malfunction" is also on in Orange. I have tried both methods of resetting the Service Light i.e. holding down the Accelerator and pressing the Brake Pedal 3/4 times & scrolling through the display using the R/h stalk (it never shows me the Service Interval screen) - no improvement with either.

The Car is Driving fine.

Any other suggestion's?

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,825 Posts
Search the forum!

The pedal dance has never worked on vehicles sold in the UK and Eire though people keep posting about it.

The stalk method only applies to pre '17 cars that have a service count down only and no warning.

The only way known ways to reset the warning are:

1 The dealer when servicing, it's on the checklist.

2 Using an ELM 327 or similar and unofficial software ddt4all/ecu-tweaker, Pyren/PyClip or an Android app.

There is more info on the forum.

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
172 Posts
Did mine a couple of weeks ago using the method (2) suggested above by Daedalus.The spanner was appearing on the dash.

Because of Covid, among other things, I've done only 4400kms (approx 2500 miles) since I bought the car new in January 2020, thus the reminder was time-related (19 days outstanding). I changed the oil and filter myself at 3000kms, so taking it to a dealer would have been a waste of money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daedalus & JLB - thank you for the reply.

I will get an ELM 327 and try and sort the issue myself as like JLB I have not covered the KMS to the next service yet.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Make sure to get an ELM 327 with the PIC18F25K80 chip usually described as V 1.5. Others will read but probably not write your changes. There is more info on the forum.

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
172 Posts
Further to Daedalus's point regarding the correct chip, there's a lot of cheap clones purporting to contain that chip which don't work. It's a bit of a minefield - I bought one, and then borrowed one, neither of which worked. I finally bought two from AliEpress (belt and braces, as they say), and only one of them worked.

Check that the one you buy is either wi-fi or Bluetooth, depending on how you're going to do it.

Also, as Daedalus says, there's all you need to know on this forum - it really helped and saved me money, so I decided to 'contribute' to its running costs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a "Dacia Service Reset" App available via Google Play Store, for use with an ELM327 dongle to reset the Service Warning Light (the warning orange square box with the wiggly line) on a Sandero II (If we're talking about the same thing).

See "Service Anniversary Warning" in the Sandero section of the forum for more info'.

Appently, there are a number of different ELM327 dongles available (mine is a cheap Ebay one) all hiding under the same ID, another post in these forums indicates what to look for with the correct chip but I can't remember the reference, sorry. I've justseen the info' above on the chip type!

Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys - thank you for the replies.

I have bought the ELM327 - arrived yesterday 7 weeks later. I have bought Torque Pro ex the Play Store. Checked the Duster for Faults - none stored. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can Reset the Service Interval with this, as having gone through all the options I cannot see where I can achieve the Reset.

Mine is a 172 Reg Duster Prestige 1.5DCi with the SatNav and Camera.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Daedalus & Andrew

Thank you for that. I have tried that "Service Reset" app about 12 times - goes through it's process and gives the correct tick symbol - but no joy.

Any other suggestion's?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Are you sure the ELM327 has the PIC18F25K80 chip. Some use other microcontroller chips that will read but not write.

Can you open the covers to read the chip markings or is it glued? The screws may be hidden behind the label.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Daedalus

Opening is no bother. Any chip that i can see does not have an 80 in the code. I have requested confirmation again from the supplier - they previously confirmed same. I have a photo of the circuit board taken but I do not see an option to attach it here.

Thank you for your assistance again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
See the two photo's attached.

Bought the ELM327 from Light in The Box and they have said "this is Mini Elm327 V2.1 OBD 2"

Waiting on confirmation that it has PIC18F25K80 chip.

I have tried a few different Apps at this stage - no DTC codes present -

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I can not see the marking in your photos but.

1 The PIC18F25K80 is a dual in line 28 pin ( 14 pins down each side ) so unless their is a chip on the other side you do not have it.

2 The ones with the PIC18F25K80 are usually described as V 1.5 not V 2.1.

Tip: when buying off ebay check if delivery is from inside UK it will arrive a lot quicker

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Can you confirm it is the Dacia Reset app that works and not Torque Pro app?
Yes it's the Dacia reset app as shown in Your link. I have one or two OBD 2 elm 27 adaptors they will all connect with the app but of the 3 only the I car pro OBD2 would actually reset the spanner and orange service box.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guys

Thank you for that.

Another ELM327 ordered and supposed to be V 1.5. Due here in a few day's - I will let you know how I get on with it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts