UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is it ok to carry on driving untill I have it serviced. ???
The above is to complicated for me..
It seems Dacia have built this in to make you have a service.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,825 Posts
It does not do anything and it is not an MOT failure but the service intervals are 12k or 12 months and you will void any warranty if you do not have it done in a reasonable time.

My low mileage car has been service 6x and still <6k on the clock. It is up to you.

A former colleague took a company Astra estate 1.7 td with 12k service intervals to < 38k without a single service before a drive shaft broke. He was eventually allowed to resign for this and other misdemeanours including lending his fuel card to friends.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My car is just three years old.So now out of warranty (12500 miles on clock )
But I have only done 1500 since second service.
Car passed its first MOT last week.
As it's one year from last service
I now have the Orange service light on. Orange light was not on at time of MOT..
Car will be serviced later this year, when I can get more mileage into it.
Will be ok to leave it until then
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
My car is just three years old.So now out of warranty (12500 miles on clock )
But I have only done 1500 since second service.
Car passed its first MOT last week.
As it's one year from last service
I now have the Orange service light on. Orange light was not on at time of MOT..
Car will be serviced later this year, when I can get more mileage into it.
Will be ok to leave it until then
Thanks
Luckily I don't have an Orange light, only a mileage count down to next service indication, on my Sandero Stepway. I will forget the service at the next MOT because I will only have done a couple of thousand miles since the previous MOT and service Some new cars have a 2 year/20,000 mile service interval anyway. My car is also out of warranty !
wink.png

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Good News

Bought this OBD2 interface on Ebay yesterday €9.95 - Dublin supplier - arrived today. Reset the Service Light at the second attempt.

Reset with the App - Dacia Reset as per above. (The supplier said it only had the 16 Pin Chip but it is a V 1.5)

Super Service from this supplier. Far better than waiting 6/7 week's for an item to arrive from China.

Many thanks to all for the help - much appreciated.

SOLD BY
next-day-delivery-ireland(1 item)

ORDER TOTAL

EUR 9.95

Order ELM327 V1.5 OBD2 II Bluetooth Diagnostic Car Scanner Tool Fault Code Reader 1.5Return this item

s-l140.jpg

ELM327 V1.5 OBD2 II Bluetooth Diagnostic Car Scanner Tool Fault Code Reader 1.5
( 392709152522 )

Estimated delivery Tue, 09 Mar - Wed, 10 Mar

Attachments

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,825 Posts
I think the 16 pin refers to the OBD 2 connector. I have the WiFi lookalike version which works with ddt4all. It's a glued case so I have not opened it up to identify the microcontroller chip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
After a couple of days found the answer, if you have a late model ph2 you have to reset the service with diagnostic software. I tried it with my launch system but it was telling me to do the pedal dance but when you go into the dashboard through the menu their is a menu that says reset service this seems to be the only way to do it..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts