UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a two year old Sandero. I have encountered all the well known problems with resetting the service light after a diy service. My question is this, does anyone know what is likely to happen if I simply leave the service light on and do nothing? I am concerned that the whole system will shut down.

In addition, does anyone know of a garage that will reset the sevice light at a reasonable price in the Glasgow area?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a two year old Sandero. I have encountered all the well known problems with resetting the service light after a diy service. My question is this, does anyone know what is likely to happen if I simply leave the service light on and do nothing? I am concerned that the whole system will shut down.

In addition, does anyone know of a garage that will reset the sevice light at a reasonable price in the Glasgow area?

Many thanks.
Did you find a way to do it when the usual pedal button combinations don't work? It seems general consensus is do it yourself with Bluetooth obd but I don't want to get involved with that, was garage reasonable price if you took it there?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Did you find a way to do it when the usual pedal button combinations don't work? It seems general consensus is do it yourself with Bluetooth obd but I don't want to get involved with that, was garage reasonable price if you took it there?
I can't add anything that might help your situation, except personal observations .

Why do garages charge so much for a reset or a computer scan. Surely the computer and it's use should be part of the garages overhead and should not have a special charge for its use- yes most garages do the same .

Shouldn't a reset be part of a procedure in the user handbook, Curiously one particular reset procedure is given in my handbook ( Sandero3 Access) for I think power steering if an alert for it ever appears

Not all the reset procedures in You Tube seem to work. It seems that the model, and the year are deciding factors. I have seen on for the latest models.

The logic that an an important alert cannot be easily wiped out by a user is perhaps a car feature to ensure safety of the car and it's occupant are not comprised IE "the car is safe to use but it must be serviced" Possibly current legislation might specify this somewhere. Perhaps its there to protect the manufacturers reputation.

Yes , not much help

Ambvol

·
Registered
296 Posts
I can't add anything that might help your situation, except personal observations .

Why do garages charge so much for a reset or a computer scan. Surely the computer and it's use should be part of the garages overhead and should not have a special charge for its use- yes most garages do the same .

Shouldn't a reset be part of a procedure in the user handbook, Curiously one particular reset procedure is given in my handbook ( Sandero3 Access) for I think power steering if an alert for it ever appears

Not all the reset procedures in You Tube seem to work. It seems that the model, and the year are deciding factors. I have seen on for the latest models.

The logic that an an important alert cannot be easily wiped out by a user is perhaps a car feature to ensure safety of the car and it's occupant are not comprised IE "the car is safe to use but it must be serviced" Possibly current legislation might specify this somewhere. Perhaps its there to protect the manufacturers reputation.

Yes , not much help

Ambvol

PS.

For countless I changed my oil and filter myself
then older age ( not senility) crept up and started to work. I then found a garage much cheaper than a main agent who could reset the light and had several years with them .There can be a significant savings and possibly worthwhile if your car is out of warranty in doing this . However something you could miss if your vehicle is of recent years is any recent software patches that have been distributed which should be applied in the agents maintenance check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts