UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody

As you all know, George is a 2013 4x4 ambience duster, and has just had his 2nd service.

I appreciate I'm not the techy-ist person on the planet, and know enough about cars to get by, but am not a mechanic and dont tinker like I know some of you do, so forgive me if you guys know this...but i hope that it will help someone and prevent the confusion it caused in my household !

OK...so the warranty services are due at

12,000 miles or 1 year

24,000 miles or 2 years

36,000 miles or 3 years

and every 12,000 miles after that if you bought the extended warranty.

SO

George ticked over 24,000 just before christmas, and 2 days later this warning light appeared...

View attachment 6287

you can imagine my panic...cos i thought with the "aladdins lamp" in the middle it meant there was something up with the oil supply to the engine...and that to drive him would mean i would totally destroy the engine...

I asked friends...and they thought the same...and so contacted the dealer...

I was shocked to discover that this is the light that the 2013 displays when a service is due...and its an indication that the oil *MIGHT* need changing,

It didn't come on before his 12000 mile service cos I had that done at 11,750 !!!

The manual says about this light...

View attachment 6288

which is also confusing....cos it implies that the oil is desperate to be changed, when in reality it isn't...

the garage checked his oil level before christmas and it only needed a 100ml top up...

The service light we are used to.....the spanner....

View attachment 6289

is not used on the 2013 duster !!!!

AND

its located here...on the left hand dial.....above the 4wd light

View attachment 6290

NOW

this light is NOT to be confused with the oil lamp light displayed in the SQUARE panel in the middle of the dash

View attachment 6291

This is the SERIOUS OIL FAULT / OIL PRESSURE WARNING light and you should NOT drive the vehicle

View attachment 6292

I hope that this post will help to alleviate any confusion if you see these lights and its not just me being stupid

cheers

DM x

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Stepway same idea but comes with spanner oil change sepered as oil same as duster has best way check oil on dip stick that wat I do as long dip stick got oil on it there oil in sump and up to level dip stick sensors must be really spot on or fault in electric joys motoring

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Meaby that why dacia has up dated service milage on clock of cars from12'000 to 12'500 to save customer confusion but still 12'000 miles service ???

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
DM, confused and stupid???.......never :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Got a long way to go till 24,000 mile service, but that's good info for us less ''technically gifted'' forum members

especially when ''confused and stupid'' are getting to be a way of life for me :D :D

Thanks for sharing that DM

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
When I got my stepway first service 12'000 miles but showed on dials12'500 prob Lee way for going over and save service light coming on has any one else got duster with 12'500 till service

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
George is the ambience duster.....its only the laureate duster that has the computer that shows

the mileage to the next service mike.....ur forgiven for not knowing this....cos you have a stepway :) ;)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ur computer, dashboard etc.....is VERY different to the phase 1 / 2013 duster mike....its like comparing apples and oranges

they are both Dacias...or fruit....but the similarity ends there ;)

the stepway is best compared to the logan, logan mcv, sandero, dokker, and lodgy :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Yes no that but ur service due is the same 1yr or 12'000 miles wat Eva reach first possible dacia put miles up stop the lights flashing for service due from new on the road nw12'500

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
good point mike....

they may have done on the phase 2 model of the duster...but no-one has done 12k miles yet in one....

and also the stepway which has a different computer.....

but alas...... on the phase 1 / 2013 duster....it wud seem not !!!

As i said above...this light came on at just over 24k miles........so its pretty bang on the 12k recommendation

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hi Dm i'm coming up to my 3rd service ie 36000 never had a service light come on before I've had a service but it came on after the last service at 25000 miles but no problem just got it turned off

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi YC...wow thats alot of miles in 2 yrs...thats why i got worried...cos i didnt see it before the first service...and it coming on the day after i went over 24k....and the fact it uses the aladdins lamp thing....got me really really worried...
i wonder why they dont use the spanner logo symbol thing that everyone understamds !?!
its confusing :blink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts