UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone thought to ask about servicing costs or had any dealings of servicing Renault's through the dealer network?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Believe me, this is a question I have been asking for ages.

I asked my dealer today. No price yet!!!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
yet again a issue i tryed to get a answer the cost i was given was £260 for a small service, and £340 for a large service. this was based on the Senic which i under stand is pig to service. thay tried to get a reply from Dacia , they as i still await this reply. des

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I personally would just get it serviced by a reputable local garage. It'll be far cheaper, and (AFAIK?) it doesn't affect your warranty? (I thought the EU changed the law on that a few years ago, although would have to double check!)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am awaiting the reply to this question from my local dealer but I wont hold much hope out. I have also been advised that servicing has to be done by Dacia by their online chat system and the dealer I ordered the car from.

In the servicing terms and conditions posted earlier by Nick it states the following at the bottom of page 1

"The Vehicle must be serviced according to approved Dacia standards as described to the Customer in the Owner's Handbook
in order not to risk invalidating the Warranty should an incident be due to the lack of or quality of servicing."

This tells me that as long as my local garage follows their standards and (I guess) uses their parts they they cannot argue. He always does this in any case and I have not had problems with Ford when claiming on the warranty even though the service book has his stamp in it.

Its the type of thing I think I'll write to Dacia for confirmation though as once it is in writing they cannot argue.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
In my experience, although there are modest savings to be had by having servicing done by an independent garage, I stick to the franchised dealer.
My reason for this is it maintains a good relationship with the service department at the dealer. I find that if warranty work is required they then go the extra mile to carry out the work and get it authorised if the manufacturer is being awkward (which they can be).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just asked this question at Arnold Clark in Huddersfield (where i've ordered mine)
Buy in advance (within one Month of receiving car)

2 years £259
3 years £359 +1mot
4 years £459 +2mot

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi Paul you seem to be getting looked after by Arnold Clark. We initially went there but the salesman was busy taking a Duster order. We then went over to Bristol Street Motors in Bradford and placed our order, that was a week ago yesterday and we still haven't received a copy of the order even though I chased it last Thursday :-(

We are in Halifax so it doesn't really matter to us which dealer we use. Hopefully I will get something in tomorrow's mail or I may be back at Huddersfield soon.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Just asked this question at Arnold Clark in Huddersfield (where i've ordered mine)

2 years £259
3 years £359 +1mot
4 years £459 +2mot
So £130 ish a service, reducing to £100 for year 3 and 4. That's pretty good value for money really.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi ****, I went to Harratts in Wakefield first but trying to park there put me off, so i went to Huddersfield.
Ian Price is the salesman i have been talking with and i have found him very helpful and friendly.
Nick, ian quoted approx £150 for the first service and £250 for the second at Dacia prices, so even paying for 2 upfront is a bargain.

·
Registered
96 Posts

2 years £259
3 years £359 +1mot
4 years £459 +2mot
This is a very good deal, certainly 3 and 4 years.

If they offer something similar at my dealers I will be looking at signing up to this.

Always have to be careful that the dealers don't go out of business though unless it is an offer from Dacia. On a more positive note, we don't know what is going to happen to inflation over the next few years so this could turn out to be an even better deal.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That is a excellent deal - assume only local dealer offer at Arnold Clark - doubt Renault / Dacia will match this. They are missing a beat may as well lock in some extra profits for set servicing to match the warranty deals.....

·
Registered
346 Posts
I live in Spain and I had a Duster 1.5Dci 85 and my first service was at 2 years or so many kms and that service cost me 120 euro including oil,filter etc. but all the different engines and we have more choice here have different service intervals.I don't own the car anymore because I now have a Lodgy, I find Dacia are a very good car for the price and very reliable, I presume you all know that it was voted 2nd most reliable make in Germany.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Went in to local dealer to catch up on info and delivery. Latest news on service costs £109 per service , with yearly intervals or 12000 miles Normal 2 years on some Renaults , but dacia want yearly on duster due to possible extreme use. Des

1 - 20 of 109 Posts