UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My darling wife has reversed straight into a set of railings today...I mean how the hell don't you see a set of railings?

Cracked the bumper along the nearside below the boot lid. Not enough to claim on the insurance I expect but enough to see it as it now shows white lines along the crack.

Less than 2000 miles in as well.....bloody women drivers!

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You are not wrong there! Maybe get a set fitted asap but it's a bit like closing the stable door now :lol:

It's the way she just comes out with it that gets my goat.. "Oh by the way I bumped the new car today" because that's an issue for normal toned conversation isn't it! I might try "Oh by the way I just dyed your new expensive dress bright pink in the wash" I bet her response wouldn't be as calm as mine was :lol:

Oh well I suppose I will just sit back and wait for the paint to start lifting eh.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
hope Mrs Min is ok Min.....

she must be mortified and upset....bless her.

She didn't mean to I'm sure....please forgive her :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
you have made me laugh about the way you talk about your wife ... amused me reading your post at 4:00am while i was working a night shift

still it is after all only a car , she bloody bumped and not a human lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sorry to here about Juan's bump. I wont be able to blame any bumps etc on Mrs S as I'm only driver in the house

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Poor Juan...I don't know what to do as it's a small crack. Probably not worth putting it through the insurance as my No claims discount would be affected and the insurance go up next year IF they did anything about the crack at all.

I shall ponder what to do over the day.

Wifey is quite mad in general you know...this morning she still didn't get what the fuss was about..."It's only a car" Now I agree in principle and the only important thing is nobody was hurt but we have never had a new car before and I wanted to keep it pristine for ever!!

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
min.... is this any use to you?

http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/services/bumper-scuffs/

It says they can do cracks as well as scuffs, and they have franchisees all over the country. If there isn't one near you, look up SMART repairs in your area, lots of companies do this nowadays.

HTH

GT
We used Chipsaway when someone ran into the back of the Duster and put 2 big gouges in the plastic,they did an excellent job although they are just franchises so the quality may differ across the country

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just for laughs:

women-driver-funny.jpg

car-humor-funny-joke-road-street-drive-d

I-am-dam-sure-that-the-car-is-driver-is-

woman-driver.jpg

Women-Drivers-Boat-Car-Crash.jpg

funny-and-weird_woman_driver.jpg

women_drivers-12112.jpg

Need more? :lol:
Just shown wifey this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She's left the room in a huff :lol: :lol:

We used Chipsaway when someone ran into the back of the Duster and put 2 big gouges in the plastic,they did an excellent job although they are just franchises so the quality may differ across the country
I shall be giving these folks a call. How much did they charge for the repair?

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
It was £200 to repair the gouges and fully respray the whole bumper. Took a couple of days they did an excellent job

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Superb. I can live with that sort of money as I am sure that would be the increase in my insurance costs if I put a claim in!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Now Then Boys....... Stop dissing women drivers - It's not OUR fault men tell is this "----------------" is 6 inches..... Cough, splutter... choke! ;)

I hope both Mrs Min and Juan are in continued good health, and as we women all know, a little Polyfilla goes a long way..... Have you looked at a touch-up stick in the Boots No7 range?

No. Seriously, sorry to hear Juan is damaged - I know EXACTLY how you feel, as it was a woman driver who reversed into Gollum leaving him needing a new wing.... But her defence was that it was her husbands car.....

If you are on the South coast, I can definitely recommend A&J Lawrence in Hilsea for any repairs!

Reactions: Dusterdly & Muttley

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My last little dig at Wifey is this picture....found this product whilst out and just couldn't resist it :lol: :lol:

Lianbump_zps18ad9e6f.jpg

·
Registered
313 Posts
You just keep on digging that hole. Should be deep enough by Xmas to put you AND the car in........... :ph34r:

You Go Girl!, Mrs Min.......... :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, sometimes I could leap up and down and shout "for crying out loud - go for it - there is a gap in the traffic ..... put your ruddy foot down and ... ".
But I got to admit (sorry chaps) that overall and without a doubt my wife (bless the old girl) is a better driver than me.
There, it's out in the open.
Now, Her Ladyship and I have been really lucky over the years having owned several brand new cars. But, you know what? None of them have ever really felt like "our" cars until they got their first scratches. Major dents? - Well not so much ... but minor dinks? That's life isn't it? And subsequent bumps don't seem to matter.

And one day . we'll look back and laugh(?).

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It felt like my car before she wopped it :lol:

Still worse things happen so we are still lucky folk. I will get a bumper scratch guard for it to cover the splits in the paintwork...either once I can find one to fit or Dacia get around to releasing them for the new Sandero range.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts