UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having a Dacia towbar fitted to Dave it wasn't working ie no electrics.

Decided after discussing with Karl and as the parts had been purchased from SMC Aldershot I would return it there for the warranty claim.

Well after driving over 60 miles to the dealership to get it sorted and waiting a couple of hours I have been told the control box is faulty, no shit Sherlock it's the only bit that can be faulty, now the icing.....they don't have the part, despite being booked in a week ago. I cannot believe the incompetence of not having the part sat here waiting for the exchange , let's be honest it takes less than 5 minutes to plug in a control box.

The dealership is now suggesting I take it into my local dealership and they fix it, what a bloody joke. They have spoken to my local dealership who have quoted 9th May before....fuming doesn't cover it.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I guess if every dealer held stocks of every potentially faulty component, or ordered in everything that might be causing a problem, repairs and servicing would cost a lot more than it does now.

Who fitted it, your local dealer or SMC?

Seems to me it should have been checked before you left whoever fitted it. I got mine done at Indespension in Bolton who checked everything before I left

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SMC supplied the parts, local company fitted it and advised immediately that the control box was u/s so contacted SMC who said the warranty on the parts would need to be dealt with by service dept, all of this made worse as during the discussion last week I was told the part was being ordered in.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Karl.

Folks I have just spoken to Karl, he really does go above and beyond for customer service. If everyone in this world displayed the professionalism he does we would all be happy campers.

Thank you again for restoring my faith in not only SMC but also the brand I have bought into.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts