UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

As you might have read how dissapointed I was in my other posts, when I realise that Its the wrong duster that they tried to pass unto me

but I am not gonna have it! The trouble is because the dealer told me that your vehicle will be arriving soon, and I thought I was gonna get it soon, I sold my car on the 14 March 2013. Now I have nothing to drive and I have to be relying on friends or family and taxis! because they made an error with my order, should they provide me with a courtesy car in the mean time? what do you all reckon??? I mean if everything had went to plan, then I would not be in the position that I am in now!....I would have my duster driving around now, but no, they had to gone and made mistake with my order!

The Manager say either I ring her back tomorrow, or she will ring me to discuss the issue, of me getting the wrong duster! even though I haven't fetch it from the dealer or nothing! only payed 3/4 of the deposit!

hopefully it can be resolved as soon as, but in the mean time I am stranded, need a transport soon as to get around.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I definitely think they should provide you with a courtesy car in the meantime. You've probably grounds for saying they are in breach of contract ie. you did not get what you paid for. It's the least they can do in the circumstances.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In short yes they should. My dealer Gravells of Kidwely Carmarthenshire will be lending me one. In fact they wrote it on my order form too. Tell your dealer other dealers are offering a courtesy car and put pressure on them.
In short yes they should. My dealer Gravells of Kidwely Carmarthenshire will be lending me one. In fact they wrote it on my order form too. Tell your dealer other dealers are offering a courtesy car and put pressure on them.
I just finished talking with one of the managers at customer service, and she has come back and said basically, that the duster that they allocated to me, is not an ex demo its a new vehicle, it has 23-25 miles on the clock because of testing!...now she is sorry for the condition that I seen it in! but it is indeed a new vehicle! also the vehicle that I saw on their fore court in February, was the demo vehicle, and not the one that they are trying to give to me!

and I said well how come the protection pack was missing from my order, and the vehicle did not come with it? and she said she don't know but sometimes mistakes are made! also with ESC/ASR missing, she said when she contacted the dealer he did not mention anything about that, and she is making out that I did not order one with ESC/ASR only with the protection pack, which is not even on the order form either! the dacia duster that I wanted is the Laureate dci 110 4x4, 4WD diesel with ESC/ASR and protection pack! she then went on to say that the dealer has ordered the parts to add and fit the protection pack on and sprayed on matching colour, so it will be a slight delay, and yes in the mean time if I wanted a courtesy car, yes I am entitled to it!...she then goes on to say, however if I reject this duster, then I am not entitled to a courtesy car, because this is indeed the duster that I ordered!...(.which I know it is not) so I can either have this one; or if I re-order, I am going straight to the back of the queue. so now I am deciding.....should I take it or not, what do you reckon????

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I definitely think they should provide you with a courtesy car in the meantime. You've probably grounds for saying they are in breach of contract ie. you did not get what you paid for. It's the least they can do in the circumstances.
thank you....the manager reckon that the only breached is: by not adding the protection pack, but at this present time the dealer has ordered the protection pack, and will get it fitted and sprayed to match the duster, I didn't understand, it seems like they are now actually spraying on the colour! All I wanted was a ( Dacia Duster Laureate 4WD drive diesal with ESC/ASR with protection pack in Alpine White) she is trying to say that she did not know anything about me wanting it with ESC/ASR only standard with protection pack! but not even the protection pack is on the order form, that is why they forgot to add it on the vehicle in the first place! so now as things stand....yes I am entitled to a courtesy car, because of protection pack been fitted, but she also goes on to say that if I reject this car, I will not be entitled to a courtesy car, and yes I would have the option of placing a new order, but I would go straight to the back of the queue, as they have put the log book in my name already, I am deciding if I should take it or not???

·
Registered
836 Posts
thank you....the manager reckon that the only breached is: by not adding the protection pack, but at this present time the dealer has ordered the protection pack, and will get it fitted and sprayed to match the duster, I didn't understand, it seems like they are now actually spraying on the colour! All I wanted was a ( Dacia Duster Laureate 4WD drive diesal with ESC/ASR with protection pack in Alpine White) she is trying to say that she did not know anything about me wanting it with ESC/ASR only standard with protection pack! but not even the protection pack is on the order form, that is why they forgot to add it on the vehicle in the first place! so now as things stand....yes I am entitled to a courtesy car, because of protection pack been fitted, but she also goes on to say that if I reject this car, I will not be entitled to a courtesy car, and yes I would have the option of placing a new order, but I would go straight to the back of the queue, as they have put the log book in my name already, I am deciding if I should take it or not???
I did say they would put the pressure on . If you do reorder make sure the order is accepted before the price rise ( 1st May ) , and i would suggest at another dealer .

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Hey Princess,

Firstly, don't take the car if you are not happy with it.

You will forever resent taking the car (because you felt you had no choice) and that's not good for you especially when you are spending your hard earned money.

So, if I were in your situation.I would cancel and arrange for a refund, ring literally every dealer out there (even if it meant going to Scotland) and check if someone has one available that has everything you want for immediate delivery or at least a few weeks. And also check if there's that possibility of a courtesy car in the meantime. I am sure someone out there will try and help you.

As you have read on here, there are loads of cars out there being sold with immediate delivery. And there is always Ebay and Autotrader where I have seen plenty of Dusters for sale.

I am the kind of person who would cut off my nose to spite my face, but that's just me :mellow:

Juju

I will not be entitled to a courtesy car, and yes I would have the option of placing a new order, but I would go straight to the back of the queue, as they have put the log book in my name already, I am deciding if I should take it or not???

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Oh try Geraint's dealership,

They seem to be willing to lend out courtesy cars for new orders but that does mean a trip to Wales :D

so now I am deciding.....should I take it or not, what do you reckon????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts