UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, having done just short of 900 miles in 11 days, mixture of gentle motorway at 70mph (2500rpm) - gentle Dorset A roads driving etc, I am now feeling that the engine has opened up and wants to go faster...should I or should really have to wait for another 100 miles or so? From running in previous cars this way I got great reliable diesels in the past from new until had to give them back as end of leasing some 80,000 miles later, never an issue even in the Seat Altea (which I hated to drive anyhow!)....

Views/comments? :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Revs tend not to hurt new engines but labouring it can. There is a school of thought that suggests engines thrashed from new burn less oil over time due to the rings getting properly bedded in.

There is no first 1k service anymore so they cannot think modern engines grind a lot of metal off like they use too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well yes, I think I will now drive it as I would normally - I agree on the point of burning less oil. My last car (BMW) was not treated as gently and I did a lot of mileage in it. Every time I checked the oil the level was pretty much where it should be and I just let the servicing do the oil change. That engine was lovely. Hope this one lives up to expectations too. Thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts