UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel silly asking this but here goes, does the sandero dip lights constantly stay on when the engine is switched on? As soon as I turn the key in the ignition they come on whether I've turned the lights on or not? Is this normal?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are you sure they are the dipped lights?? The drl lights come on automatically with the ignition. The dip lights should be selected!!! :blink:
Oh right :wub: never had a car with del lights before! Can they be turned off ? :unsure:

·
Registered
756 Posts
As our resident expert says they cannot be turned off and they are Day light running lights, very low wattage so not a drain and could save your life... I think there quite a good design as DRL's go

·
Registered
756 Posts
If they are maditory why is there an option to turn drls off on some cars? Im interested to know why...... strange :blink:
they became mandatory for new models after a certain date (may have been jan 2011 not sure), some makers put them on before that as extras hence they were switchable

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Completely normal. All motors including our new trucks at work have daylight running bulbs so nothing to worry about ;)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
If they are maditory why is there an option to turn drls off on some cars? Im interested to know why...... strange :blink:
they are mandatory in the eu, by law

every car maker put whatever options want on their cars

its safer to have them on thou because they make others see u much better and quicker in traffic

especially in a or b roads traffic

maybe in other parts of the world its forbidden to drive with lights on in daylight ...who knows

to my knowledge in dacia u cant turn them off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts