UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a 100 or so moles today and have to say I was really pleased with everything about my new car. I thought to myself I'll check the mpg only to realise the trip computer wasn't available. I've checked the manual etc to see if it needs to be switched on somewhere (I thought unlikely) but figured I'd check with the people that know best. So before I go and make myself look silly does the trip computer need some intervention other than the odometer reset button? I would have expected something to be in the display at all times.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Have you tried the button with three dots on the end of the wiper stalk. Thats where the magic button is on my Duster.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
The dealer should really have taken time to show you stuff like that, but as long as you can find out from us then all is well :)

Reactions: antavi

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealer should really have taken time to show you stuff like that, but as long as you can find out from us then all is well :)
I actually knew more about the car than my dealer so there wasn't much covered at all and like you say there is the best user manual available here ;-)

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
All I got when I picked up my car was an over-dramatic inveiling. It was in the showroom draped in a blue dust cover behind some ropes. After I signed the paperwork they dramatically unveiled it, opened the windows and invited me to drive off.

I'd previously seen it parked outside before it got any registration plates

Oh and I was handed the manual and a pack of wheel nuts.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well as I'd had mine delivered two days early my handover involved signing a letter to say I was advised of the legalities of driving before today, then being handed a pack of bolts, two keys, the instruction manuals and then giving my dealer a lift back to the showroom. The first introduction was.. Your car is over the road in the holding car park if you want a look

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I actually knew more about the car than my dealer so there wasn't much covered at all and like you say there is the best user manual available here ;-)
Same here - although I have no problem or complaints about my dealer, I certainly knew more about some aspects of the Duster than the salesman I dealt with.

Graham

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
All I got when I picked up my car was an over-dramatic inveiling. It was in the showroom draped in a blue dust cover behind some ropes. After I signed the paperwork they dramatically unveiled it, opened the windows and invited me to drive off.

I'd previously seen it parked outside before it got any registration plates

Oh and I was handed the manual and a pack of wheel nuts.
What do you need wheel nuts for? surely they should be fitted as standard :lol:

I got given the keys and two yellow dusters with duster written on them then they pointed outside and said its that one, which was disappointing as the wife's sandero got a free European driving safety pack (hi viz, first aid kit, triangles etc).

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Thanks Duster_4x4, that saved me being a bit red faced. All works perfectly and I now know 44mpg for my first run out out so not to bad either.

Cheers
Panders. Small request - could you perhaps add Duster Laureate to your 'Vehicle driven' profile detail?

BTW - 44 mpg! I thought I was doing well hovering around 40 mpg after 2 days. You granny you! :p :)

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Panders. Small request - could you perhaps add Duster Laureate to your 'Vehicle driven' profile detail?

BTW - 44 mpg! I thought I was doing well hovering around 40 mpg after 2 days. You granny you! :p :)
Not a problem... Not sure if my computer is getting stuck but the last two days pottering round about 25 mile in total is telling me 74.6mpg. Will hopefully get a better run out at the weekend but most of my driving has been around the country roads of SE Essex so cruising of 50-55. Time will tell and fuel logs soon to be started once I fill the tank again..

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Not a problem... Not sure if my computer is getting stuck but the last two days pottering round about 25 mile in total is telling me 74.6mpg. Will hopefully get a better run out at the weekend but most of my driving has been around the country roads of SE Essex so cruising of 50-55. Time will tell and fuel logs soon to be started once I fill the tank again..
My trip comp' seemed to be a bit confused in some areas on day 1-2 so I reset everything before driving off this a.m. I seem to think the various logs are now much better related/consistent (but it might just have been me). New mpg read-out from today still hovering around 40 despite more in-town driving (all in 2w drive mode).

I now note your's is a 4x2 so I take back the previous "granny" comment - I can't match a 4x2 config' for mpg.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Funnily enough I did the same thing when I got in the car this evening. Reset all of the counters and its now back to 43.6 so still quite happy with that...

I do feel like I'm missing out a little without the 4WD but just couldn't justify the extra cost. Especially as I'd already gone from a Stepway, to Duster Ambience to the Laureate in the space of two weeks ;)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Mine is averaging 44mpg at moment and with just 3,000 miles on the clock I'm quite happy with that. My 2.0 Mondeo TDCI didn't start loosening up until well after 20,000 miles and I started getting well over 50mpg and on a good run I could get nearly sixty. With the 4WD I wont be expecting that but I will expect the Duster to easily get to 50mpg by the first service.

Like most of you I do mixed driving town and 50/70 Dual carriageways. You just have to give the engine time and get a bit of mileage under your belts and you should see MPG go up for both 4x2 and the 4x4 Dusters :)

Reactions: Panders
1 - 18 of 18 Posts