UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have my Stepway just over a month. Last week I notice a small pool of pink lubricant on the car mat, under brake pedal. Some on the brake pedal as well. That was on Fri morning Apr 25th. I have noticed nothing since, and brakes appear to working fine. I investigated but could see no source of the fluid round brake pedal or steering column. Although I could swear theres a rattle now when I brake quite hard going into a bumpy corner. However when I turn radio down and try to replicate I hear nothing, so not sure if related or something flying about in boot. Any suggestions what the fluid could have been?

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have my Stepway just over a month. Last week I notice a small pool of pink lubricant on the car mat, under brake pedal. Some on the brake pedal as well. That was on Fri morning Apr 25th. I have noticed nothing since, and brakes appear to working fine. I investigated but could see no source of the fluid round brake pedal or steering column. Although I could swear theres a rattle now when I brake quite hard going into a bumpy corner. However when I turn radio down and try to replicate I hear nothing, so not sure if related or something flying about in boot. Any suggestions what the fluid could have been?
If it's not as Geraint suggests, windscreen wash is blue or yellow, anti-freeze is green & brake-fluid is yellow, but I don't know the colour of air-con refigerant ! Hope this my help ! ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have aircon in my Ambienece so can rule that out. I had a good look up in and around pedals and steering columns and nothing. Not a trace of the stuff which was on my mat and pedal pad. Probably just take it to dealership to check her over just to be safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts