UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if the car was supposed to be have been made in July how long will I have to wait for it to be delivered to me ?

And when do you think the dealer will return my call ?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
So if the car was supposed to be have been made in July how long will I have to wait for it to be delivered to me ?

And when do you think the dealer will return my call ?
I have a copy of the factory order form for my new Stepway the details are as follows..

Factory order date 05/06/2015 ( this is the factory production order date )
cust order creation date 02/07/2015 ( this is the date the dealer ordered car from factory )
*Status The vehicle is in factory (not yet built) Fcast ATIC / Import Date On Time.
Forcast Factory Exit Date 23/07/2015
Customer Delivery Date 20/08/2015.

Mine was ordered on 02/07 and customer delivery date is 20/08 Delivery date to dealer is within 48hrs of customer delivery date.

So that hopefully gives you a idea, but your dealer can check where it is at any stage as the process from manufacture to delivery is fully tracked... If your dealer has not contacted you contact them demand that they check up on your new cars progress.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered mine in May but I started talking to the dealer in March, and they failed to get me a car by May and then now am just waiting and waiting and waiting.

had an email off Dacia thanking me for my order but since then nothing.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...sheesh: that seems like a long wait.

My Duster is the first brand new car I've bought in over 30 years of driving...so I expected a bit of a delay compared to seeing a used car on a forecourt and driving it away a few days later.

I took a couple of test drives in late March and formally ordered the Duster on Monday 30 March: the dealer traced the car to the UK distribution centre, and said it would take a couple of weeks to get hold of it - rather than 6 weeks if it had to be built to order.

My Duster arrived in NI the week after Easter, and I picked it up on Thursday 18 April...just over 2 weeks since I ordered it!

Joe

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the garage phoned today as apparently am moaning about the lack of delivery and they have said it will be with me on the road by 3rd September so we will see ......

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
...sheesh: that seems like a long wait.

My Duster is the first brand new car I've bought in over 30 years of driving...so I expected a bit of a delay compared to seeing a used car on a forecourt and driving it away a few days later.

I took a couple of test drives in late March and formally ordered the Duster on Monday 30 March: the dealer traced the car to the UK distribution centre, and said it would take a couple of weeks to get hold of it - rather than 6 weeks if it had to be built to order.

My Duster arrived in NI the week after Easter, and I picked it up on Thursday 18 April...just over 2 weeks since I ordered it!

Joe
My first Dacia was ordered from the import centre and was here in 2 weeks.
but
My New one was is coming from the factory so its about a 7 week wait.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a picture I touched the car today and on Monday its getting delivered.

so soon I will be able to take a better part in the forum :)

have been looking at modifications already :)

rear chrome boot bit

height adjustable seat from another logan.

front fogs.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I have a picture I touched the car today and on Monday its getting delivered.
so soon I will be able to take a better part in the forum :)

have been looking at modifications already :)

rear chrome boot bit
height adjustable seat from another logan.
front fogs.
I have had 2 Steppys in the time you have waited for your Logan...
But on the bright side you will more than likely get a Euro 6, with start stop, so you will have slightly better furl economy, a bit more torque and cheaper road tax.

have fun searching for the Mods to do to your Logan, then even more fun doing the ones you like.

See here what I have done to my Steppy so far... here is the link for My Modifications...
http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/7481-stepway-my-modifications/

Most of them can be done on a Logan.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its on the road to be fair I have had it on my private drive all day :)

so now to explore the countryside

let my voyage start

and because I have lost a stone in weight I can see 70 on the dials :)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
its on the road to be fair I have had it on my private drive all day :)

so now to explore the countryside

let my voyage start

and because I have lost a stone in weight I can see 70 on the dials :)
Lmao... so the stress of ordering a new car and trying to get a delivery date caused you to loose a stone.
Its now time for you to enjoy your new motor.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you yes I have a chest of drawers to pick up tomorrow and have got a big box in back at the mo going to a courier drop off so it will be working from get go

have struggled with no car today as dealer dropped car at 9.30am

whats the button very near the pedals for ? is it adjusting the light level ?

didn't get a hand over from dealer so just sat in car earlier looking at stuff.

why did you reject your first steppy have just read your thread about mods ?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
thank you yes I have a chest of drawers to pick up tomorrow and have got a big box in back at the mo going to a courier drop off so it will be working from get go

have struggled with no car today as dealer dropped car at 9.30am

whats the button very near the pedals for ? is it adjusting the light level ?

didn't get a hand over from dealer so just sat in car earlier looking at stuff.

why did you reject your first steppy have just read your thread about mods ?
The button you are referring to is that the knob to the right of the steering column and down quite a bit towards the pedals... If so yes that's for the headlight beam height adjustment.

Its a long story with my first Steppy, But in short it had a few issues and a lot of damage, half the car required repainting which I was not prepared to accept, and said I wanted it replaced not repaired as I paid for a brand new car not a substantially repaired car.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would fight too for a replacement if issues were found like that. although if it were to take 6 months to turn up I would lose another stone :)

Time to start another thread about my wee car that has already made a delivery. at 7am so already working well. but I have only done a mile so far :)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I would fight too for a replacement if issues were found like that. although if it were to take 6 months to turn up I would lose another stone :)

Time to start another thread about my wee car that has already made a delivery. at 7am so already working well. but I have only done a mile so far :)
LoL..... But I got 2 cars in half the time it took them to get you one.... The original I got on 14th May then I got the replacement on 21 Aug... :p:p:p

HaHa if only you had to travel a mile to do every delivery you would be home in no time.... :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Not so big Neil....If you lost weight waiting then Dacia could be on to a winner here.....Dacia Diet- buy one and lose loads of pounds......on second thoughts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes one mile delivery is good. couldn't be bothered walking the chest of drawers.

yes diet works well.

:)

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...post some pics of your Logan please - like a proud new dad :)

Joe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts