UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The media nav system failed today, just like that.
I was using the gps to find a location, got there and shut off the engine. An hour later i got into the car and the panel showed system please wait, like it always does. It just stands there for a good 2 minutes and then it jumps to radio....touch screen does not work. If I shut it off nothing happens for a minute and then it shows LG and dacia logo and then system please wait.

If I turn off the electricity and back on same thing shows, it takes 2 minutes and its back to radio with nothing working other than the volume button.

Bummer...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well reliability over the course - thats what we were looking for - anyway not a single view on my post on damaged wheel trims. Says it all too much Dacia love on this site.

Still under warranty take it to a dealership - probably needs a hard reset - dont have the sat nav version unless someone who has knows how to do a reset without the Dacia diagnostics?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Thinking of my own experience with touchscreen phones and tablets, I can foresee this becoming a common problem, not just in Dacias, but across all brands as this technology becomes more and more the norm... :unsure:

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've read on the French forums that it can be corrected by disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it after a minute. If that doesn't work do the same but then put a USB stick in to restore from a special boot file.

"Find your post code and foremost, if you need it in the wizard!
Download restore update that matches your car and read the procedure.

Disconnect the car battery. This is the only way if the MediaNav remains on.

Put your USB drive formatted in FAT32 with the first update file in the MediaNav
Reconnect the battery if reconnecting the phone code is requested the returns.

Hold the entire update and then put the second update with the other file, as explained in the above link. "

You need to match the file version numbers to the version you had installed to start with, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it back last week, they could not reset it and told me they had to replace the whole unit.
So i got a brand new medianav system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts