UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sandero arrived on Monday at the dealer, precisely on the specified day. Top marks to Dacia; somewhat less to the dealer, who hadn't read notices that the procedure for transferring a cherished number had changed. It will now be at least a week for the DVLA's new syatem (slower and more expensive, but that's progress in Britain) to complete. The other downside is that the new, unregistered and thus undriveable car must be insured. I still need insurance on the old Roomster, so 10 days will cost me about the same as three month's normal cover. I foresee a quiet word with the dealer principal: he's asking me to pay for the car before delivery. Watch this space.

John

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you paid a deposit you DO NOT have to pay before delivery - Make sure you have the VIN number....

The new registration is only £55 - as you will have paid all the other fees when buying the private number plate. If you are moving a plate from another car, then it may differ - BUT the plus side is, your insurance should be covered continuously, with just the change of vehicle being managed by the insurer on the day you want. The vehicle is the Dealers responsibility to insure whilst in their possession and on their property - UNTIL you have paid for it, which is WHY they want the money....

Don't be fooled - They simply want to make you responsible for their delays....

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
That's outrageous John, like Jodonut says dont be fooled - or bullied. It's their mistake. What happened to the 7 day dacia insurance? Or does that kick in after you have taken delivery?

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you paid a deposit you DO NOT have to pay before delivery - Make sure you have the VIN number....
The new registration is only £55 - as you will have paid all the other fees when buying the private number plate. If you are moving a plate from another car, then it may differ - BUT the plus side is, your insurance should be covered continuously, with just the change of vehicle being managed by the insurer on the day you want. The vehicle is the Dealers responsibility to insure whilst in their possession and on their property - UNTIL you have paid for it, which is WHY they want the money....

Don't be fooled - They simply want to make you responsible for their delays....
Still only £80 to do the transfer we did to the new Duster.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It seems the cherished number transfer mechanism changed within the last few weeks. It was done previously by the dealer taking the necessary paperwork to the local vehicle licensing office and it was done while he waited. Now everything must be sent off to Swansea. (I've read it up on DVLA's website.)

john

1 - 5 of 5 Posts