UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I really like it, but the garage I ordered it from has installed the arm rest incorrectly from what I can see. Check these photos.

56974e419f462404535e5a48c40cc19f.png
b60d20c26b0855304a8a07c45934befa.png

I know they move the buttons for the rear windows, but the console should be sitting in that groove like this

d686c4eb0e5984b48301aa4fcfb0adad.png

as it is, it is very hard to access the buttons, not an immediate concern but very annoying none the less.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks a completely different shape to the one in the instructions! Have they fitted one off a different model by mistake?

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App
well this is the instructions i got from the how-to guide in these forums! I'd imagine its the same thing,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The instruction photo is correct but armrest seems to be a different shape. The one on the instructions is the correct one, but the one they've fitted is wider as it overhangs the existing fixture whereas it should be narrower and fit on top

oh yeah i see what you mean, never noticed the overhang

·
Registered
343 Posts
That arm rest looks to be an after matket 3rd party manfuctured one. Probably the factory one was out of stock so they cheated

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That arm rest looks to be an after matket 3rd party manfuctured one. Probably the factory one was out of stock so they cheated

I thought that too, today they said there was a problem with Dacia changing the order numbers or something and it has happened to a few people.

If i search duster armrest in google, its this armrest that comes up.

They said they will sort it :)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Sadly there's not much you can do :( as you ordered a armrest and that's what you got. It could be you have a new type as part of their on going improvements (aka cost cutting)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Looking at the pics, I'd say 4x self tappers have been screwed into the standard console, looks bloody awful and will no doubt reduce the residual value as no-one will believe that was dealer fitted. You need the correct kit and I expect a new centre console too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks like a cowboy job... don't accept that. Make sure they fit the proper one as pictured and keep us updated.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They said they will replace it with the correct one, I have just sent an e-mail saying I thinkj the centre console should be replaced due to the fact there will be holes in it

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great. Post pictures when they fit the correct one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update: The correct armrest has now been installed but they said I willl need to go back in a few days to get a new center console as the other one has holes in it from where the wrong armrest was screwed in :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fab, shame they didn't order it at the same time, they must have known about the holes!! Someone's probably had a bollocking at the dealership lol

i think they just put it in hoping i wouldnt notice, lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts