UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Especially for the folks who are concerned with the reports of water ingress on the Duster.

You may have seen the coverage of the floods at Todmorden last night. The heavens opened and flash flooding occurred accompanied by thunder and lightning.

Well I happened to be waiting for my wife sat in my car outside Halifax Railway Station as the cloud burst passed by. It was very impressive, How I imagine sat in Animal from the Muppets snare drum would sound as rain and hail hit my car and the dry ground I had parked on quickly became a large puddle. I am happy to tell you that not one drop of water penetrated my car.

This is not to decry the experience of those who have had issues but to share my experience.

I hope this helps

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Well my house got flooded because my neighbours sons ball blocked the drain in the valley between our semi detached houses, got home last night to water dripping from the ceilings :(

Before I removed the ball there was a foot of water in the valley which of course went all over me as soon as the drain hole was unblocked. I'm going to check the Duster tomorrow for damp carpets but I'm confident it will be ok.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Had some pretty short sharp and very heavy bursts of rain and no water has leaked into my Duster. Very impressed. ( my previous Audi completely flooded in a torrential down pour last year, took me a week and a dehumidifier to dry it out !)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Well my house got flooded because my neighbours sons ball blocked the drain in the valley between our semi detached houses, got home last night to water dripping from the ceilings :(

Before I removed the ball there was a foot of water in the valley which of course went all over me as soon as the drain hole was unblocked. I'm going to check the Duster tomorrow for damp carpets but I'm confident it will be ok.
sorry to hear this troute :(

·
Registered
602 Posts
Noticed the windos on my duster are steamed up INSIDE over the last couple of weeks. Finally yhought it through and felt the carpets in the back. Soaking!!

Cleary the door seals have been leaking for months !!

Back to the dealers this morning..will let you know what they say!! :( <_<

·
amazing, just amazing&#33;
2,926 Posts
That worries me a bit, my windows were misted on the inside one day last week, I didn't check the rear foot wells only the front.

·
Registered
602 Posts
OK....I am just back from the dealers...they have kept it in for two days at least to do their " water incursion test" to try to identify the source of the leak...then they will have to order the parts ( seals? grommets?) which apparently cant be delivered on saurdays these days so it will be well into next week...if I'm lucky....if not I will be repeating the sage of " George is Leaking" :(

·
Registered
354 Posts
Do You have rear speakers fitted?

When delivered mine leaked in through both the rear door speaker grills.

Having fitted rear speakers that no longer happens, but I presume they are taking a hit in the process.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Phonecall this afternoon. They think the water is coming in the front windscreen. The plan is to leave it til Monday.

.....................Then take the windscreen out, and "re-bond it back in"...hmm.

I said.."What worries me is that if its coming in through the windscreen, how come it is wet in the rear right foot well as well.

They said.." oh it will just be sloshing about"

I said "well why hasn't it sloshed to the leftside as well then"

er..........." Well that's all I can tell you...that's what they said it is"

I said "fine"...." So once you have taken the window out and glued it back in....( and I don't know how you take a bonded window out without smashing it by the way..but I didn't go there)...you will have dried the carpets out, and then do another " water incursion test " to ensure you have correctly fixed the problem, and I will get it back by Tuesday night"?

Silence....."well I don't know about that they said they will re-bond the window."

" So ....are you giving me it back without drying out the carpets and testing it...? How long do I wait for the carpets to dry in a Scottish winter before I bring it back and tell you its still leaking?"

Silence......" I'll give you a ring on Monday afternoon and let you know what's happening."

" OK then"

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
my car had the same problem water in drivers front and rear foot wells turned out to be the windscreen d not sure how it gets to the rear but resealing the windscreen seems to have cured it hope this helps

·
Registered
756 Posts
Seems a leetle incredible that a damp rear footwell could be caused by a leaking windscreen?
Not at all, water transportation through the carpets is common place and there may be holes through the cross member.

Had a rover 420 many means ago that had a leaking bulkhead (common fault) when it rained heavy whilst driving the whole floor pan used to fill up with water and sloshed around when cornering!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Look at the comments to this film !I have also heard of this problem on the Logan a few years back so its a good idea to check the pipes from the air intake vent (My Tights filter 9 will stop it filling up with leaves

·
Registered
183 Posts
Driven my car through a couple of bad storms last week....dry as a bone

1 - 20 of 71 Posts