UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys,

I know I'm asking a lot of questions - sorry! I'm trying to update the Media Nav software - I downloaded the firmware update and plugged it into my Media Nav - the thing is the progress bar hasn't moved in 45 minutes (not even to segment 1) - how long should it take? It's going from version 2 to 4....

View attachment 5026

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah was frightened of bricking it earlier in case it had started overwriting the firmware.

However after an hour and a half - I switched off the car and took out the flash drive. Weirdly the Media Nav stayed on - even with the car off - displaying that same screen. Tried to power it off - didn't work. Waited a bit more got it off via the button - restarted car and tried again. Updated on second attempt

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Updated in a few minutes next time round. Might be my old usb flash drive to blame - I've ordered a new one :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'm always wary with firmware - for any device lol if it works ok as is then I'll leave it. But I wanted to see what updates were available - so I had to update first :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just messaged you about that saying I'll get you better ones if you want lol Can you send me a link to the page my friend :)

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hi ! gcarlin1.

Did you download firmware V4.03 first ? If you did and then downloaded the map update, is the fullpostcode search working and also are speeds still showing correctly in MPH & not Km/h ?

The reason I ask is there was a problem last month with this upgrade but it was supposed to be fixed by the beginning of June !!

My Stepway? I'm lovin' it !! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Roger Hi, yeah it was 4,03 I installed - then the June map update. Still no full postcode search - but the navigation seems to me in miles now :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Roger just been looking into the postcode thing - looks like its an add on we have to buy - costs just under £5. Not sure I'm too happy about that as there was no mention of the software being incomplete and requiring additional purchases for UK roads when I bought it. I know its only a £5 - but still! lol

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
@Roger just been looking into the postcode thing - looks like its an add on we have to buy - costs just under £5. Not sure I'm too happy about that as there was no mention of the software being incomplete and requiring additional purchases for UK roads when I bought it. I know its only a £5 - but still! lol
the software = means the unit software not the media nav map

·
Registered
18 Posts
@antavi Yeah I'm probably being a bit tight - I'll just pay the fiver later and be done - I still think full postcode should come with the Media Nav though, just my opinion - especially when its an extra £300 to add it in the first place :)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
@antavi Yeah I'm probably being a bit tight - I'll just pay the fiver later and be done - I still think full postcode should come with the Media Nav though, just my opinion - especially when its an extra £300 to add it in the first place :)
what im saying is that the unit is LG

the navigation software is from another company

and the map provider is a 3rd company like navteq or smth else

all im saying there are 3 differenting things here all in their own status

and ps.............its not about ur money ...i dont care if ur tight or not thats personal

my main explanation is on the words used

about software update freezing unit and so on, sofware update is not the same thing like map update

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
@gcalin, Sorry not replied earlier, have been away.

I paid earlier in the year for full postcode update (works fine) but have not yet updated to new firmware or latest maps because of the problems.

I was just wondering, if I do so now, will I have to buy the full postcode again ?

Can anybody out there answer this question ?

By what you say, the postcode update is not included automatically with the latest upgrade, am I correct ?

My Stepway? i'm lovin' it !! :D

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I'll probably buy the update tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works with version 4
Thanks, my main concern was that I paid for it on my last update, do I have to pay for it again on my next (latest) one ?

Can anybody help ?

I might e-mail MediaNav if nobody can help !!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Thanks, my main concern was that I paid for it on my last update, do I have to pay for it again on my next (latest) one ?

Can anybody help ?

I might e-mail MediaNav if nobody can help !!

my sugestion is save ur payed update somewhere

do the firmware update

see whats wot with medianav after that

then if it hasnt got the update anymore do it again (updating the map i mean) from the software that u saved

u understand what im trying to say

imo firmware update should not invalidate the map update on navigation if u already got it done but who knows how it will react

:) :) :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi there. Just checked my system and I am on software version 2.0.9. So I just go to the Dacia website and download an uparade, copy it onto a USB stick and plug it into the MediaNav?

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hi there. Just checked my system and I am on software version 2.0.9. So I just go to the Dacia website and download an uparade, copy it onto a USB stick and plug it into the MediaNav?
The latest one is 4.0.3 I think, that's the i that I've got on mine now ! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts