UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Has any body fitted Solarplexious window tints on their Dusters?

I have ordered a set but they are taking their time arriving.

I would love to hear how you went on installing them and how they look in fact everything you can tell me about the experience you had with them.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
just looked at the installation video on YouTube.

Looks easy enough but you would appear to lose the ability to wind the rear windows up and down.

I imagine this would be a drawback to some people.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'll let you know, just ordered a set for my Logan. Got all rears except the ones that move. £115, thats alot cheaper than a tinting firm will charge and the remaining two that move can be done with film by myself or a third party at much less cost / inconvenience. The rear screen is always the most difficult to do with film due to the compound curve, I hope this solarplexius stuff will fit well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Skip,

Mine arrived this morning, One word.....WOW they look great, absolutely brilliant, perfect fit and two minutes per window to fit. They seem to just pop in once you get them in place.

It`s the easiest job ever on a car that makes such a vast improvement.

I thought the back window would be the awkward one, but nope that was simple, the hardest to do were the ones that open.

I won`t open the back windows, I can live without them lol, I got air con so I will keep my back windows locked unless I have a change of mind later on.

Enjoy yours, I am well impressed,

Caught a Range Rover driver eyeing my motor up on a mini roundabout today lol,

I`m well chuffed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Skip,

Mine arrived this morning, One word.....WOW they look great, absolutely brilliant, perfect fit and two minutes per window to fit. They seem to just pop in once you get them in place.

It`s the easiest job ever on a car that makes such a vast improvement.

I thought the back window would be the awkward one, but nope that was simple, the hardest to do were the ones that open.
I won`t open the back windows, I can live without them lol, I got air con so I will keep my back windows locked unless I have a change of mind later on.

Enjoy yours, I am well impressed,
Caught a Range Rover driver eyeing my motor up on a mini roundabout today lol,
I`m well chuffed.
Glad to hear that, it's always good for the ego to be getting that kind of attention. I've done conventional tinting in the past and achieved a reasonable result, but what a time consuming ball ache. Or if contacted out will cost twice the price of these.

Can't wait to get my hands on them, I thought I'd keep my rear windows operational due to the kids, as i mentioned in my last post I can alway use film on those.

Infact i might buy my dad a set for his birthday, I'm always finding inspiration lacking in that area. Not this time, I bet he'd be most impressed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a roll of tint here but it really is hard work to get that stuff looking half decent, I watched all the vids,

I can`t live with anything that is not done well, so I gave up lol

This stuff is the way to go, well I`m saying that based on how easy it was to install, and how good it looks today let`s hope I feel the same way in the future eh?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I agree, just mailed a friend who had a slight snafu with some pre cut film for his duster. Looks like a possible when we've had a good look at mine when it turns up.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
I bit the bullet and got a company to do my tints........I've seen too many tint jobs that were FUBAR by the owner doing it themselves

·
Registered
109 Posts
How do the tint companies do it, what do they use?

I have seen spray on, spray it on the top and it runs down, Hmmmm

I have seen and tried the film,

I don`t know much about tinting but, this stuff is 3mm thick, basically it`s like coloured Perspex, when it`s on it looks good inside too I am pleasantly suprised

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
the tint company I used did it with film.....I dont know how they applied it cos I went shopping for the hour it was gonna take!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cheap films from ebay are ok on the side glass etc, but on the rear screen they are very difficult to work. It involves using a heat gun to shrink the film to the compound curve of the glass. More expensive films are much better to work with but due to a high level of wastage and being labour intensive the cost is quite high for a decent job, and even then it is still expected to get inclusions such as the odd spec of dust.

Also it should be done in a wind and dust free enviroment, so it's no surprise that the cheap driveway jobs and DIY'ers get varying results. That's why this Solarplexius stuff is so appealing.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
I've found one speck of dust on my rear screen.......not enough to go back and complain

1 - 20 of 35 Posts