UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just read about a fuel pump fault, noisey fuel pump. Apparently new fuel pump design is being released May 2019 for the diesel engines.

Worth keeping an eye on this if you have a Duster mk2

·
Registered
145 Posts
I messaged the original poster for more info but sadly no reply yet. I was beginning to think I was the only driver finding this a real irritation. The car is great in so many ways and have just driven it all over Europe with that annoying whine ruining the mountain passes and country roads. I thought it was some kind of servo mechanism but that would end. I don't know about your situation Tonka but mine is there most of the time with occasional respite. Sometimes it's louder, enough to spoil dab music.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same trouble here. I have a new Duster with 1.5 Dci blue engine. I am generally happy with the car, but I am quite disturbed by a constant hum that starts when I start the engine and ceases about 3 seconds after the engine is turned off. I already took the car to the dealer and I was told that the noise originates from the Adblue pump and is characteristic of these cars. They actually showed me another Dacia with the same type of engine (I think it was a Logan) and made the same buzz. Nevertheless, it really bothers me, to the point that I'm considering not staying long with this car. Have anyone heard about a solution for this problem, once it seems that warranty does not cover it?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes..I was told deisel pump but I also suspected ad blue system. Ive had car since November and sometimes drives me nuts. At others cannot hear it. Am also somewhat perturbed have done 10k and still no adblue warning for refill. Wondering whether to fill to see if anything happens. Interested that at many French garages as blue is up there with deisel and petrol on hoses. Its obviously here to stay. But whether diesel or adblue, Im disappointed only a few of us seem to have issues with thus whiney hum. If loads of us complained we'd have a chance of a fix. Am considering a you tube rant to shame them....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got my Duster II in December 2018 Comfort Blue 1.5dci (never checked when it was actually made) and its not a problem to me. I can here it whining before I start the engine if my windows are down or a door is open. However, I never hear it in the car if everything is shut, and it never interferes or affects the radio.

People who are stood outside it often ask what the noise is when I start it, but it isn't audible from inside. And to put how noise affects me into perspective, I hated on my Duster I from about 40mph and above the noise from the huge plastic roofrail mountings. The Duster II is much quieter in that respect.

Are there any variants to the fuel pumps maybe? Like on the D1, the heater matrix could be one of two variants in the early models, each with different cabin filter sizes.

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have also never had this noise problem.

Mine is noway near as loud as those videos I have seen.

Basically cannot be heard above the engine noise,can just be heard when ignition is on.

Might video and put on YouTube.
I am getting really confused... Will it be possible that there are some new 1.5 Dci Dusters without the same noise? I have made the video with the smartphone behind the front seats and near the car floor, because its closer to the noise source and with the engine running. Is it possible for you or anyone else to make a video in the same conditions to compare?

I really would appreciate that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am getting really confused... Will it be possible that there are some new 1.5 Dci Dusters without the same noise? I have made the video with the smartphone behind the front seats and near the car floor, because its closer to the noise source and with the engine running. Is it possible for you or anyone else to make a video in the same conditions to compare?
I really would appreciate that.
Here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3z5kijwp5tqco3/Video%2006-09-2019%2C%2017%2006%2001.mov?dl=0

U can just, I mean just, hear the pump when the engine is on.
I'm quite sensitive to noise, and I really haven't noticed it.
I hear the fuel sloshing around in the badly bafelled tank, but not the fuel pump.... at all

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not convinced my 'whine' is the deisel pump. I hope that it is and that theres a fix because I reckon it might be part of adblue function. Mine is persistent and is irritatingly loud most of the time. That is, I notice when I can't hear it, not occasionally when I can. It's particularly annoying when stopped in traffic. Certainly spoils music. I asked about it first week of ownership and mechanic gave me the 'silly old git' look and I sadly caved.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not convinced my 'whine' is the deisel pump. I hope that it is and that theres a fix because I reckon it might be part of adblue function. Mine is persistent and is irritatingly loud most of the time. That is, I notice when I can't hear it, not occasionally when I can. It's particularly annoying when stopped in traffic. Certainly spoils music. I asked about it first week of ownership and mechanic gave me the 'silly old git' look and I sadly caved.

Do u hear your noise in my video?

·
Registered
13 Posts

It's hard to say... In your video the whine is not very clear while the engine is running. The video was shot in the front, closer to the engine, while my video was shot closer to the pump. Also, you were pressing the accelerator, which increases the engine sound, but not the pump sound, which seems to be linear (the one you can ear after turning the engine off - but its there all the time, at least in my car) a video shot in the same conditions would be better to compare. By your video, it seems the the whining is there, but its dificult to catch...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts