UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

You may notice some minor changes to the site management over the coming weeks. Due to my ever decreasing amount of free time I have to run this place (young family and demanding job) I've taken the tough decision to bring in some outside help. Thus we're partnering up with a company called AutoGuide.com, who will take over the running of the website, including all the stuff I struggle to keep on top of such as maintenance, software and hardware issues etc. That then leaves me to concentrate my limited time on helping run the forums with our assistance of our fantastic moderating team. We'll be keeping the same domain name, the same software, layout, etc, so you won't really notice any differences! In fact, with their available resources, it'll mean a better, faster, more secure website. Rest assured it's nothing sinister, it's all positive!

Thanks

Nick

·
Administrator
112 Posts
Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for Autoguide.com, I work with a small team that will manage the webmaster duties for daciaforum.co.uk.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It's our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it's paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier. You all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

Philip

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
i'll carry it all in 2 gallon buckets if necessary

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It'll be remaining the same, as I mentioned in my opening post :)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
what's your feelings on Dacia rust problems Philip.
With the greatest respect, and you know I fully support and empathise with all those affected by the rust issues, but I think it's fair to assume Philip's feelings on them will be somewhat superfluous, as he's in no position to sway matters one way or 'tother. :)

Nick, I would just like to take the opportunity to thank you for all your efforts in creating what is undoubtedly on of the best organised, informative and entertaining forums (or is it 'fora?') in which I've had the pleasure of participating. It's an amazing achievement, and I'm sure with Philip's support you will continue to guide DaciaForum.co.uk from strength to strength.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I agree with you silver duster, the layout etc works well on desktop and mobile devices at present, I'm hoping it remains the same as currently navigation around the forum is relatively simple.
Perhaps Philip could look into the problem of the text missing on the "reply to buttons" for a while now, sometime a reply goes over to the next page and I am sometime unaware what the reply is to, as some of the new contributors probably don't realise you can also post the original text as well. Just a thought, not a criticism of Nick !! ;)

·
Administrator
112 Posts
I did notice there is only a post button at the bottom. I will look into this for you. This part of the site is certainly not broken but could be improved if that makes sense?

-Philip

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I did notice there is only a post button at the bottom. I will look into this for you. This part of the site is certainly not broken but could be improved if that makes sense?

-Philip
Thanks Philip ! ;)

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Is the site going to be moved to a new server or the current server settings tweaked?

The reason I ask is that at times it can be painfully slow to hit the site, once there its pretty quick - most noticeable on iOS devices but I've found it to be the case on a variety of browsers and a selection of connections.

·
Administrator
112 Posts
iPhone 6/6+ support for the app if it's just a case of pushing some buttons would be nice.
If its Tapatalk you use; you will need to check with them for support. Its unfortunate but the only people that can manage and support that product is them. Its likley that tapatalk is still working to catch up on IOS6 bugs.

Is the site going to be moved to a new server or the current server settings tweaked?

The reason I ask is that at times it can be painfully slow to hit the site, once there its pretty quick - most noticeable on iOS devices but I've found it to be the case on a variety of browsers and a selection of connections.
Already moved to a new sever. There should be some improvement in speed already but if you are using the Tapatalk app you may need to reach out to tapatalk.

-Philip

·
Administrator
112 Posts
I don't use tapatalk, just Safari and yes today I have noticed its responding better than normal on the first visit of the session.
Great! I'm glad to hear you're noticing an improvment with the speed of the site.

Just a heads up, Phil is out until next Tuesday so I will be watching the site while he is out. My name is Danniella and I run the Forum Support team. If you notice any issues please report them here and we can get them fixed for you.

Cheers,

Danniella

1 - 20 of 34 Posts