UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a political post....

I've noticed when turning (usually left...this is not a political post) that there is a smell for a short period. It's not an unpleasant smell it's a little like strong screen wash. It disappears soon. It's noticeable at a certain point in my journey home when I have to go around a particularly sharp bend on a down hill. I think it has done it ever since we have had the car.

Any ideas what it could be? If it's a leak of vital fluids then it should show up next week when the car is in for the alarm box correctly mounting and they do the free topping up of fluids. Just wondered if any other Duster drivers have noticed they smell?

Reactions: Troute

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Hi ****,

I too have noticed like a strong screen wash smell from time to time (when I've not even used the screen washer). It does seem strange.

Coincidentally what I think is my alarm box also detached itself yesterday! It fell into the passenger footwell - it's like a module with a wiring harness attached and it says "COBRA" on it. It was fixed with a double sided sticky pad. In the mean time I've tried simply sticking it back in the position I think it was originally mounted. It was actually rather embarrassing as my neighbor was sitting in the passenger seat at the time, while I was trying to extol the virtues of the Dacia Duster!

Graham

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
The cap on the screenwash bottle is a very loose fit and some screenwash spills out as the vehicle moves around. This must be particularly noticeable when turning left, although I've not noticed that phenomenon myself.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I've noticed that smell too. Chris might be right.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Graham....yup that's the alarm image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phew so glad it wasn't just me......

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Hi Chris - I think you have hit the nail on the head. I've not noticed the smell for a while but the level of my screen wash is now about half. I've also been out and opened my screen wash bottle and had a good sniff - and it is indeed the same smell.

**** - yes, exactly the same issue I have. The fitting of the option packs is obviously not done to factory standards!

Also "free topping up of fluids"? Is this something I should be asking my dealer about? I've now done over 2000 miles.

Graham

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Also "free topping up of fluids"? Is this something I should be asking my dealer about? I've now done over 2000 miles.

Graham
No, you only get free coffee in the showroom when you are buying your Duster.

At any subsequent visits to the dealer you have to put your own money in the drinks machine!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine goes in next Monday for the alarm fixing properly. The dealer offers a free health check for the car inc topping up fluids and a written condition report on the car!

·
Registered
42 Posts
When i picked up Pledge Tuesday, i was given coffee and my three year old boy was given cherryade. When i asked for cherryade for myself i was told to grow up. Is this discrimination? Ageism? You lot sort it out for me.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
No, you only get free coffee in the showroom when you are buying your Duster.

At any subsequent visits to the dealer you have to put your own money in the drinks machine!
"Would you like a coffee while you wait" says the receptionist.

She then brings you a tiny plastic cup of acrid instant coffee with emulsion-paint whitener, that is so hot its melting the cup.

She smiles as if she has done you a favour.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Actually chrisl300 my coffee was filter and the cherryade was Aldi, in keeping with the bargain element to buying a duster!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The filter coffee was rather good actually but the cup was paper which let it down rather. If i forked out for a BMW or summat or nuffin i would have got china (note the bmw chav speak there, clever innit!).

·
Registered
354 Posts
I popped into Toyota today and they gave me a choice of any hot drink including chocolate, and a Toyota branded tin of travel sweets.

Still, Toyota's cost a tad more.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
This is not a political post....

I've noticed when turning (usually left...this is not a political post) that there is a smell for a short period. It's not an unpleasant smell it's a little like strong screen wash. It disappears soon. It's noticeable at a certain point in my journey home when I have to go around a particularly sharp bend on a down hill. I think it has done it ever since we have had the car.

Any ideas what it could be? If it's a leak of vital fluids then it should show up next week when the car is in for the alarm box correctly mounting and they do the free topping up of fluids. Just wondered if any other Duster drivers have noticed they smell?

how dare you! I've not noticed I smell!?:)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah Chris I'm sure you will be great foul for the aromatic change from the West.

From aromatic Yorkshire.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts