UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A moment later (or two moments by my count) here I am posting!

Now I suggest we apportion access by regions: At weekends; if Scottish members could restrict their log-ins to daylight hours over Friday to Sunday, the rest of us might have a chance to log in during the weekend hours of darkness I believe that would be fair.

Of course, a forum server upgrade might help ! :D

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
In the winter the sun follows the birdies south...
the axis of the earth tilts...
the earth is at its perigee...
the hedgehogs hibernate...
humans don more clothing to stay warm...
lemmings hide from marauding snowy owls by digging and excavating tunnels under the snow...
Arob reboots his wifi router.... :eek: :eek: ...no dont be silly DM.. thats a ridiculous suggestion

:lol: :D :lol: :D

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Ha ha DM. And I forgot that daylight hours are scarcer up your way: I accept that my proposal for Scottish logins was, maybe, a bit unfair afterall.

I like your thought on the sun chasing the birdies south. I didn't know that, but it has given me an idea. If everyone in the northern hemisphere chipped in, we could afford a fairly large flock of homing pigeons between us. We could then ship them south of the equator (say about October) and release them en masse. (Probably best done in international waters.) The sun chases them back and voila - perpetual summer! :lol: :lol: :wacko:

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm just hoping southern hemisphere members of the forum haven't suffered any forum server issues recently and won't bother to view this thread However we have the advantage as long as we mobilise quickly.

(I promise to cease this nonsense after this post)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
its ok arob

the corriolis effect means that the electricity and wifi signals spin in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere and interact with the solar wind and aurora australis to mean that they shud in theory.....counteract the effect of a million pidgeons beating their wings heading north....or was it south...

:D :lol: :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Maud Fondeo

A Maud look-alike passed me in a blue Phase 2 last week at the top of Penpillick hill and flicked her hair. I haven't noted any posts about the Fondeo family upgrading or about a break in Cornwall so I'm assuming it wasn't actually you - but if it was, I apologise for not flicking back - I am somewhat challenged in the hair-flick department :(

I trust, however, this is not the new "Hi fellow Duster owner" and that the lady involved just wanted to look her best as she cruised past one of the white classics :D

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
I am practising my flick in case I ever make it down to Cornwall. I will try it out on DM in Nottingham to see if it will catch on. Remind me to tell you my Polish hairdressers story one day.........

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
@Maud Fondeo

Please don't try it out as a new "passing Duster salute" - it will be too confusing! DM will know what it is all about, but there is plenty of room for mis-understanding here !!! If you hair-flick and end up with other Dusters doing a u-turn and following you down the high-street, it will be on your head not mine. ;) :D

OK, go on, tell us the Polish hairdresser story!

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Have sent you the details via PM, Arob. She wrapped a bin liner round me to protect my shoulders from the hair colour, no namby pamby rubber shawl with magnetic clasps to keep it in place, and after she'd washed my hair, she dried it with paper towel torn from a roll, have never had an experience quite like it.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Maud Fondeo

You guessed right - and there is not much to highlight.

Re bin liners and paper towels: "Ms Maud, I make you exeperience like not before."

[Warning points alert]

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
It was the way she translated " I don't want a full fringe please, just a side swept one" into " Please cut me a heavy full fringe." She was laughing as she wielded the scissors so I knew she had understood me perfectly, she simply thought she knew best.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts