UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mk3 new Sandero Essential, when driving today get a message saying check sos call, I have never pressed it also the orange spanner light is on, phoned the Dacia agent but service dept does not work weekends. I am wondering if the car is safe to drive as we are going to a function tomorrow. The car has only done 500miles also another message says start engine battery low, this is really annoying me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
U can travel only if the battery gets fully charged, else u would be stuck on the road & need recovery assistance.

If u have a multimeter, check the battery voltage prior. Then turn on your lights & the voltage should be ~12v if it has 40% charge.

Start the car & check the charging voltage. U should get 14 2 to 14.5. Turn on all accessories & blower - it should not drop below 13.8 @ idle. Raise RPM to 1k5 to 2k. U should get 14.2 as the alternator & Battery Management System are expected to give full charging current since the computer has reported that your battery is low.

If it is not charging properly, don't take the car out tomorrow. Contact the Service centre on Monday.

In case u intend to use a battery charger, connect the positive as usual, but connect the neg clamp of the charger to chassis - not to neg post of battery.

PS: Since the customary screwdriver, spanner & pliers were omitted long ago - it is now necessary to have a good multimeter in our 'first aid box'!

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,257 Posts
What is it showing not running and then with the ligths on and then the rear heated windscreen on. You are measuring the alternator not the battery.

You should read 12.6 V if you battery is being charged properly. 12.4 V it needs charging.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just went out to the car now and everything seems perfect, no faults or messages it must have cleared itself. I dont understand this new car technology sos etc. I hope it stays ok.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,177 Posts
Just went out to the car now and everything seems perfect, no faults or messages it must have cleared itself. I dont understand this new car technology sos etc. I hope it stays ok.
Suggest that you check the battery terminals for tightness ! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mk3 new Sandero Essential, when driving today get a message saying check sos call, I have never pressed it also the orange spanner light is on, phoned the Dacia agent but service dept does not work weekends. I am wondering if the car is safe to drive as we are going to a function tomorrow. The car has only done 500miles also another message says start engine battery low, this is really annoying me.
had all these problems dealer had car three times still intermittent problem.An upgrade to auto locking system is available as this can cause flat battery,had the recall letter from dacia,also had battery replaced

1 - 9 of 9 Posts