Is it possible ?
Thanks

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I got rid of the standard unit, swapped it for a full size double din Alpine touch screen unit with an interface unit to reuse the OEM steering controls. I notice that yours is single din - there are a few motorised single din units out there if you want a decent size screen.

Swapped out the factory speakers for some JBL GTO coaxial ones - reasonably direct swap although the rears were a bit fiddly as there isn't quite enough depth. Have a 3d printer so easily made some spacers ;)

To finish it off got a BOSE bass unit/sub from a Mazda 3 or 6 off of eBay. Fits inside the spare wheel in the rear well on the 4x4 - pretty much invisible installation. With a decent bit of EQ it's damn good.

Only down side is there's so little sound deadening/damping quite a lot of things rattle, plus there's a lot of coupling with the un-braced steel in the doors - it's almost the same outside as it is inside. Next move would be to deaden the doors I guess, but the rust repairs will make that probably impossible after.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. Am trying to put a subwoofer in the boot of my duster 2013 . But theres no space from inside the car to connect the powercable to battery. Any help plz. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts