UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi Chris, sorry I can't answer your question but what delivery are they quoting you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would not happy without a spare wheel so I also was looking to include an order a spare wheel and carrier which the FAQ's said were available for the 2WD. However neither the dealer or the interactive information on the Dacia site have given me any help despite promising on several occassions to do so. I cannot be the only person requesting this information and costing

·
Registered
95 Posts
The original 4x4 apparently used to have the wheel under the car on a carrier , but the new cars have the boot floor lowered in side , and the wheel is placed in from the inside. Des

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi everyone

I'm not fussed about having a full size spare, I was hoping to just leave small wheel in the boot. I'am fairly sure that there must be rule of thumb calculation for the rolling ratio of a wheel. eBay has lots space savers for sale but knowing which to buy is the dilemma.

Laters Chris

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
The profile of a tyre is the percentage value of its width. I presume you were planning on keeping with the same rolling diameter so working out a space saver that is narrower you would need to go to a larger rim size so the profile isn't huge. Remember you need to clear the brake calliper up front, so don't go for a smaller wheel without checking.

Would buying a bog standard steel rim and even a budget tyre not be as cost effective? Remember you'll need a suitable jack too.
please don't take offence if I have appeared to make this sound too simple. None was intended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offence taken, a full size wheel may well be the cheaper option but all I'am trying to do is add some peace of mind whilst limiting the room taken in the boot! I was hoping that someone would come up with wheel size I require.

·
Registered
217 Posts
This may sound stupid but I assumed that the Access 2x4 Duster would come with a jack and wheelbrace even though the car only comes with an inflation kit. As i haven't been able to see the specific model like everybody else, this will need further investigation. Can anyone throw any light on this?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Chris. Was in at dealer to day and asked about the spare wheel ? Yes you can get ,you have to order seven different parts plus the wheel plus tyre Or you could be like me and get the 4x4 Des

·
Registered
535 Posts
The original 4x4 apparently used to have the wheel under the car on a carrier , but the new cars have the boot floor lowered in side , and the wheel is placed in from the inside. Des
The 2wd Duster has the spare wheel mounted under the car and the 4wd has it in a compartment in the boot. What you said it isn't possible, because the space under the back wheels is occupied by the 4wd traction axle.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you look at the 2 wheel boot floor it is totally flat in side the boot . But if you look in the 4x4 boot you will find a recessed box to take the spare (steel) wheel . The original 4x4 had the same floor pan as the 2 wheeled unit but has been changed for the RH models. The box is about 225 mm deep but allows for the diff still to get in. As they say in the movies if you don't believe go to your dealer and have a look. Des

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi 2dusterchris i was just thinking about the position of the spare wheel , and i remembered that you have a 4x4 , So from the leading duster driver ( only driver) where is the spare wheel ? des

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am interested in the Sandero Stepway, in fact that interested I intend to place my order tomorrow. However having read some of the comments on this thread, I am begining to have sme doubts. In the spec it states that I can purchace a space saver wheel for £50,00. I just assumed that the vehicle would have been delivered with a jack as standard. Having a spare wheel and no jack would pointless. It would seem that the true figuar, is much more than £50,00 for that extra peace of mind.

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Hi 2dusterchris i was just thinking about the position of the spare wheel , and i remembered that you have a 4x4 , So from the leading duster driver ( only driver) where is the spare wheel ? des
The spare is in a well within the boot. It is full-sized and fits into an expanded polystyrene tray which also has some handy cubbyholes moulded into it.
The jack sits in a little space just behind the driver's side wheelarch.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Can someone define the area a spare wheel (if you decided to purchase one as an extra), would be carried inside or under the car on a carrier on a 2wd ACCESS. I really want to see the 2wd in the flesh, The fact no dealer has the base model to view is a very poor marketing move as they push the price so much in their advertising.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just had a good look around the boot of the Sandero. Lifted the floor mat and there is a large wheel well. I would suggest large enough for a full size wheel if you wantted. I also found the wheel brace, but could not find a jack, but was assured by the supplier that a jack would be provided with a spare, space saver wheel. There was also, a plastic sided tray under the boot floor mat, held down by the spare wheel, hold down nut. This would be handy for a tow rope,tools, etc. Hope this helps.

Ps Ordered my Sandero stepway laureate (Crimson). Dealer expects delivery in June. Dont know why, but I dont. Possibly late July/ August I reckon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts