UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Just researching and wondering if anyone has already considered getting a spare set of wheels with winter or AT tyres fited for when the weather is expected to be grimmer?

If so, any thoughts on what tyres to go for?

Luke

·
Registered
217 Posts
I used Runway Enduro on my toyota surf for four years. Decent tyres at a reasonable price. Deep tread pattern,very good in the snow when we had it.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Personally, I'd just stick with winter tyres all year round (unless you're planning on going off-road). I've got some fitted to my Mondeo ST220, and they cope admirably with 220bhp going through the front wheels. They'd cope with the 110bhp of the Duster rather easily I think!

·
Registered
95 Posts
the tyre that is supplyed with the car , is a Continental Conti Cross Contact LX size 215/65 R 16 98H which is a prime a summer road tyre , with mild off road use, at a cost of £86 from a internet company plus fitting . reported the best winter tyre is the Continental Winter Contact TS850 at a cost of £105 plus fitting from personal experiance i would not go passed this tyre , having used this tyre on my pug 308 sw for the past 4 years (prev ts830) there was a test done last month by auto express on a 4x4 @ 2 wheeled drive yeti the 2 wheel had the ts850s on and the 4x4 had normal conti tyres running in 4x4 mode , the 2wheel yeti hammered the 4x4 ,especially in the stopping test. des

·
Registered
222 Posts
I put General Grabber AT2s on my Jimny, they were an excellent tyre but because of the aggressive tread it knocked about 8mpg off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts