UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

We ordered our Duster in December and it should be here by the end of March or early April. We went for the Laureate with the touchscreen satnav with european maps (which I had to work hard to get thrown in!) and 5 year warranty. We got it mainly for my wife as we recently had a little girl so we thought, ahh if we're going to ever get a new car (that won't happen often for us!) then at least go for the top of the line. Dacia sure make it possible.

I objected to paying £150 for the space saver wheel though... So hence why I'm asking this really. Can someone give me the dimensions of the space saver wheel (rim inches, offset if known, etc) and tyre dimensions?

Also, is the compartment for the spare wheel big enough for a full size? If that's the case I know the wheel is 16" and 5 studs, but if you could give me the tyre specs I could probably source a steel and tyre for next to nothing. I hope :)

Thanks for your help

Dan (+Jo)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Not much help , I know , but I am told it IS a full size wheel but its steel as opposed to the alloy. Its fits in a cradle under the boot and is secured by a bolt in the boot . Not sure on the dimensions etc.

From what I gather , from this helpful bunch on here , if you chose to add the wheel at the time of order its £150 but to add it at a later date its considerably more ! :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you consider a new tyre will cost nearly £100 and the steel wheel £50+ plus the cradle etc. Doing it at time of order is cheaper. I assume it's a 2wd version as 4x4 comes with wheel

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Bear in mind you'll also want a jack. The spare wheel fits in a cradle under the floor on the 4x2 and it has it's own well inside the boot of the 4x4. Again £150 sounds about what I paid for the bits of mine. I fitted it myself as it's an easy job and there's a tutorial on the site somewhere if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts