UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is by way of a heads up for anyone who has fitted the spare wheel and cradle on the 4x2. I've been hearing squeaks and bumps for the last week or so and trying to trace the sourse of the noise I found the spare wheel cradle hook had unscrewed quite far down it's length. I don't know if it was because I hadn't tightened it up enough to begin with or if it's inherrent in the design so go have a check of yours just in case.

·
Registered
206 Posts
troute - may I ask where you got the cradle from please?

When we bought the Duster I managed to negotiate free of charge the spare wheel kit, however the sales manager couldn't guarantee he could get us the cradle / fittings.

Many thanks, WB. ;)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it from the dealer Bob as a kit including the tyre, the lot cost £216 but I had to buy a jack myself (eBay).

Good news grip, here's hoping it's because I hadn't tightened it enough.

·
Registered
282 Posts
troute - may I ask where you got the cradle from please?

When we bought the Duster I managed to negotiate free of charge the spare wheel kit, however the sales manager couldn't guarantee he could get us the cradle / fittings.

Many thanks, WB. ;)
WB.

Karl is you're man to contact on the buy and sell section. He works in the parts dpt of a dealership down South. He also owns a Duster.

I know the price has come down a fair bit as some of the parts have become cheaper.

billyblue. :D :D

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
WB.

Karl is you're man to contact on the buy and sell section. He works in the parts dpt of a dealership down South. He also owns a Duster.

I know the price has come down a fair bit as some of the parts have become cheaper.

billyblue. :D :D
As Billy says,Karl is the man to see, price has dropped by about £70 it took a day to arrive and 10 minutes to fit (just double checked everything was as tight as possible) :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks guys for the info - much appreciated. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
tighen drill hole on un used tread under bolt/hook incert split pin

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
This is by way of a heads up for anyone who has fitted the spare wheel and cradle on the 4x2. I've been hearing squeaks and bumps for the last week or so and trying to trace the sourse of the noise I found the spare wheel cradle hook had unscrewed quite far down it's length. I don't know if it was because I hadn't tightened it up enough to begin with or if it's inherrent in the design so go have a check of yours just in case.
did u check the tire pressure in the spare

if the spare wheel lost some air pressure

then it could rattle inside the cradle needing more tidening

this is what happened to me just a thought ;)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was definitely the bolt Antavi, it had worked it's way quite a bit loose, 1400 miles on Highland roads might do that to you :D I think it's just because I had not tightened it up properly to begin with.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had one of these fitted from new by the dealer. Have not even looked at it since then. Its still there but not rattling. Where is the bolt exactly? If i knew i could check it. I couldnt see a new bolt head inside the boot under the new boot liner mat. Is it underneath the boot?

I should know but i dont and would only look for it again if i get a puncture so pre-informed is better...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Found it at last. The had cleverly disguised the bolt head with a black plastic cap inside the boot on the floor at the back where it meets the rear bumper panel. I checked it and it was still done up tightly. For those with no idea where the bolt is see this pic, its under this plastic cap.

Attachments

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lolol, Mine has been fine since I tightened it up properly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts