UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Searched the forums for any info on spark plugs for the tce 90 can't find any? Just wondering what the service interval is on these? Just bought a second Hand stepway laureate but has no info in any of the books? Car just coming to 10,500 miles 3 years old. God the plugs are expensive!
Anybody have anyinfo?
Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,051 Posts
Hi everyone! Searched the forums for any info on spark plugs for the tce 90 can't find any? Just wondering what the service interval is on these? Just bought a second Hand stepway laureate but has no info in any of the books? Car just coming to 10,500 miles 3 years old. God the plugs are expensive!
Anybody have anyinfo?
Cheers!!
I'm pretty sure I read it's 36,000 miles, but I can't prove it !! ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the info Roger I'm old school expecting 12000 miles! Still doesn't feel right checking them at 30000 miles !!

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,051 Posts
Cheers for the info Roger I'm old school expecting 12000 miles! Still doesn't feel right checking them at 30000 miles !!
I'm in your world as well, these modern long oil changes and ancillaries replacement are sometimes beyond my 1960's thinking on 1950's engines !! :eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anybody have anyinfo?
Cheers!!
You will probably find that you have NGK Iridium plugs. These will probably be the original plug. You say that your car has only done 10,500 miles. They shoud have many thousands of miles left in them but it is a good idea to take them out and check them. the gap is preset on that plug and are not supposed to be adjustable. I have just bought a set from a site called Autudoc. 3 plugs including delivery cost me just under £31. Hope that is of some use too.

·
Registered
841 Posts
It's 36,000 miles for the sparky TCE engines. Here's the TCE service sheet. It would be useful if the mods compiled all this stuff into a PDF, along with the Elf oil specs, as it is repeatedly asked for. :)

Car service intervals are a max of 12000 miles/12 months. So if the car is coming up to er, 10,000 miles/three years it should have had two dealer services to keep the warranty. Used cars should come with the service sheet, attached, plus receipts.

Some people who do low mileages don't worry about annual servicing.

It's important to use the correct Renault/Elf RNxxxx approved spec oil, and oil/air filters in the turbo engines. Air filters and oil may need more frequent changes in dusty conditions, or if the car is mostly used for short cold-start journeys.

Interim oil changes at 6000 miles on both turbo engines are helpful if you want to cosset your turbo. There's a '15 minute' dipstick suck-out guide on here somewhere.

The current Dacias have ECU driven 'service-life proxy' systems. It's the display with the spanner on it in the fuel display. Should be reset after every oil change.

Oil is this one for TCe90:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elf-Evolution-SXR-5W40-Engine-x/dp/B00M5ZDPA0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492671075&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=elf+rn710+oil

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody have anyinfo?
Cheers!!
Hi it is 36.000 miles or 4 years which ever is sooner

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anybody have anyinfo?
Cheers!!
They are replaced 36000 miles intervals.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's 36,000 miles for the sparky TCE engines. Here's the TCE service sheet. It would be useful if the mods compiled all this stuff into a PDF, along with the Elf oil specs, as it is repeatedly asked for. :)

Car service intervals are a max of 12000 miles/12 months. So if the car is coming up to er, 10,000 miles/three years it should have had two dealer services to keep the warranty. Used cars should come with the service sheet, attached, plus receipts.

Some people who do low mileages don't worry about annual servicing.

It's important to use the correct Renault/Elf RNxxxx approved spec oil, and oil/air filters in the turbo engines. Air filters and oil may need more frequent changes in dusty conditions, or if the car is mostly used for short cold-start journeys.

Interim oil changes at 6000 miles on both turbo engines are helpful if you want to cosset your turbo. There's a '15 minute' dipstick suck-out guide on here somewhere.

The current Dacias have ECU driven 'service-life proxy' systems. It's the display with the spanner on it in the fuel display. Should be reset after every oil change.

Oil is this one for TCe90:

Elf Evolution 900 SXR 5 W-40 Engine Oil, 5 Litre Canister : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
Its annoying having to have oil change every 12000 miles . Fully synthetic oil should be good for at least 20000 miles on a petrol engine .

·
Registered
28 Posts
But fully synthetic oil is so much better ,dont get the sludge these days , when i was in motor trade , cars used to have oil change every 6000 miles and diesels every 3 - 4000 miles.
Since the introduction of synthetic oils that perform for longer under much more arduous conditions oil changes have got longer intervals now .

·
Registered
101 Posts
But fully synthetic oil is so much better ,dont get the sludge these days , when i was in motor trade , cars used to have oil change every 6000 miles and diesels every 3 - 4000 miles.
Since the introduction of synthetic oils that perform for longer under much more arduous conditions oil changes have got longer intervals now .
All well and good except for the vehicle that takes the kids to school 2 miles in the morning and picks them up after school. Never gets hot and on enrichment all the time!
Good luck with that vehicle!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts