UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I often use the cruise control on my Duster does anyone ever use the speed limiter? and is there any need for it?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've used it in 30mph zones, its very helpful because you can concentrate a little bit more on what's going on around you without constantly checking your speed.

Obviously you have to be able to start stop in town so its more effective than cruise control which I tend to use on dual carriageway and motorway to stick at 70.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Although I often use the cruise control on my Duster does anyone ever use the speed limiter? and is there any need for it?
Very useful in Motorway road works with average speed cameras ! ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
If my experience in trucks is anything to go by, a speed limiter is easily overcome by the forces of gravity! On a down gradient, you still need to watch the speedometer. If necessary, you can temporarily over-ride the limiter by briefly flooring the gas pedal (you will hear an audible click as the limiter is switched off) and the limiter will automatically re-activate itself as soon as the vehicle's speed falls back below the current setting. A speed limiter is only worth bothering with if you are seriously prepared to stick to the limit - if speed limits really annoy you, then the limiter will annoy you even more...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great at avoiding speed cameras, great if you do the same route regularly and become so accustomed to the route you may forget where to slow for those cameras...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts